• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just passed the oral exam

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My class (ca. 2000) used the DC-9... I remember the manuals were all so badly xeroxed they were barely usable.

Echoing what the others said about now having a license to learn. Be ready to check most of your dispatch education at the door when you start class at Mesaba. Pay attention, be humble and open-minded and you'll be fine. Congrats and good luck.

Ha, yeah all the performance tables and our set of "ops specs" were so badly copied from over the years. Half of the MEL and CDL section was Champion's and NWA's old 727 stuff.

Yeah And I heard about the "ticket to learn" phrase from my instructor. He said I will probably never use the E6-B again, the printed weather products (radar summary, depiction, etc...) nor any of those chase around charts as well. They will teach me what they want me to know over at Mesaba instead.

OneBadLT123;1682337 Yeah And I heard about the "ticket to learn" phrase from my instructor. He said I will probably never use the E6-B again said:
If you do any Int'l dispatching, you will use the E6B and the old ass weather charts ALL THE TIME.

Well, at least drop the E6B, and get a CR-6 from Jeppesen...

You're doing high-performance aircraft now, not a C172...

Well my E6-B had the high speeds on the wind correction side instead of the 172 crap.

Not that it really matters though cause I hate that thing.

Latest resources

Back