Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beergut

It's 17:00 Somewhere
*Hotels - They've started to take us out of good and O.K. hotels and are putting us in Roach Motels with no regard for safety or food in order to save a few bucks.

*Payroll - They f*%k up our paychecks on a consistant bases and take forever to settle our issues when they owe us money. If they overpaid us they will take it out of our accounts so fast it will make your head spin.

*Scheduling - Frequently pilot pushing and trying to make us violate the contract and FAR's. Most schedulers hate the flight crews.

*Benefits - Life insurance beneficiaries are wrong. Most married pilots have just found out the company has wrongly put down their parents instead of their spouse as the benificiary of their life insurance. Their screw-up is the responsibility of the pilot to get it changed.

*Crew Planning - The dumbsh*t crew planners believe we are more productive spending 24 hour layovers in hotels on a 4-day trip instead of building a 3-day productive trip. The latest lines show they have no regard for our quality of life. Some lines duty-in early in the morning on day 1 and duty -out late in the evening on day 4 making it in all actuality a 5 day trip.

*Extended Trips - Because ASA is not attractive to potential pilots we are short of crews and being extended on trips when we are supposed to be going home.

*Grievances - Probably more than any other airline because they constantly violate our contract.

*New Contract? - 5 years of disrepect by not coming prepared to meetings and wasting time because they no we will not be released. In the meantime they laugh and slap themselve on the back and give themselves bonuses at our expense.

*Moral - All time low! The September lines just may be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

The stupid bastards come to us and tell us that if we know anybody that has a private license and can steam up a mirror if it's held under their nose have them send in a resume. The pilot shortage has made them lower minimums because there management tactics have made flying for an airline not worth the effort. The new low time pilots have made it like flying single-pilot in some cases. This is an accident in the making.

They schedule these unrealistic quickturns in ATL with plane swaps and complain about not running on time. Well listen-up management: If my crew or myself need food you can damn well expect us to take the time to get it. And don't expect me to bust my a$$ getting to the next plane. The standard excuse for everything: It's Delta, Delta, Delta!

They actually had the audacity to ask us to come in after midnight on a day off and help clean planes because they have done such a sorry job doing it themselves.

And don't expect me to take a plane with a deferred APU or pack. You try to intimidate us into taking them but where will you be when a passenger dies from a heatstroke or a heart attack because it was 120 degrees in the cabin.

Management take warning, if you show up at this next round of negotions with the same attitude and games you can probably expect a full blown mutiny. (If it hasn't already started.)

There are so many more examples but I've got other things to do today. Maybe a few of you reading can think of examples I left out. I'm sure I'll think of more.

Hang in there ASA pilots, we'll get what's ours. :mad:

They actually had the audacity to ask us to come in after midnight on a day off and help clean planes because they have done such a sorry job doing it themselves.

And don't expect me to take a plane with a deferred APU or pack. You try to intimidate us into taking them but where will you be when a passenger dies from a heatstroke or a heart attack because it was 120 degrees in the cabin.

SKW got asked to clean the airplanes too...f-ing ridiculous. What would anybody who works at a NORMAL company say if hou asked them to come in after hours and do the janitor's job???

It's common knowledge that Mesa killed some old guy in a negative-APU airplane in PHX a few years ago. The crew got named in the lawsuit I'm told.

We will soon see if ASA pilots are ALL talk and no action. So far we have been.

So far I'm not impressed

Looks like its not Management thats stupid!!! Management is getting what they want, when they want it! Look in the mirror! Who keeps putting up with this crap?!?

This is why I don't like or trust Scott Hall. Back when the company did their little slide show when we were getting ready to vote on a strike I listened to SH talking to CP Doogie (forgot his name now) in the ops hall. An ATR crew had a deffered pack at an outstation. The cabin temp was over a hundred with no one but the crew in the plane. The captain didn't want to take pax in the plane. CP Doogie aggreed but for some reason didn't have the sack to say ok don't go. He had to talk to SH about it first. The crew even offered to take the plane back to ATL empty so it would not be broke at an outstation. SH's response was that while he was sure the crew "thought" they were doing the right thing by the passengers he said the business guy trying to make his connection to Europe would be more upset about no flight then a hot flight. He said as long as they made a an announcement at the gate that the flight would be hot everything was ok. He then went on to say that while that didn't keep ASA form being liable should someone have a medical problem as a result of the heat it was an "acceptable risk". I sat there listening to them discussing it in the hallway in ops. At least go into an office behind closed doors while you talk about what a complete tool you are Scott. I had to go to my flight so I don't know the conclusion of the story, but I certainly know what risks SH is willing to take with our passengers.

Looks like its not Management thats stupid!!! Management is getting what they want, when they want it! Look in the mirror! Who keeps putting up with this crap?!?
So true...........I've been slamming my work mates for 2 yrs now and it doesn't seem to make any difference. They bitch and bitch and then do absolutely nothing about it.
We are our own worst enemy!!

fwiw I just realized I misspelled morale and a "no" should have been 'know":0 (Who's stupid now? huh)

Latest resources

Back