Just for thought

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lrjet55

Since this is the corporate link I thought I would post my miserable corporate experience for you guys to learn from. O.K. here goes.
I was at a company for over two years(captain). Gave them great service. Never took all my vacation time, called in sick once the whole time, never damamged an airplane. A model employee if you will. I thought that it would be very courteous of me to give the company as much heads up of my departure as possible. Mind you I had discussed months before with the owners and the cheif pilot the one job I was going after. Anyhow I got my job and let them know 1 month in advance when I would be leaving. This is the part where you guy rip on me for being so honest. 3 days after I put in my notice I was let go. How about that!!!

SORRY

SORRY TO HEAR TO BAD ABOUT YOUR OLD JOB .BUT IN THE CORPOPATE LIFE THAT IS ONE THING I'M LEARING YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH . SORRY TO HEAR THAT !ALL YOU CAN DO NOW IS CLOSE THAT BOOK AND OPEN THE NEXT GOOD LUCK

Been there too

Hey Lrjet55,

Welcome to the club! Sounds like you got your cherry popped. After over a decade in corp aviation, I've learned that you will get stabbed in the back, undermined, lied to, cheated, manipulated, and robbed by some of the less reputable operators. It gets better once you get away from the lower end of corp aviation.

You think your story is bad? I was in a pilot's lounge one day in 1993 reading a popular aircraft sales magazine and saw my airplane for sale! I called the broker, (the broker was a friend of mine), to verify that it was indeed my aircraft. The broker said that it was for sale and that the owner asked him not to tell the crew because he wanted the crew available until the plane was gone. I've got several other stories that would make your blood boil.

Do yourslef a favor. Don't stop being honest and decent. Your reputaion is everything in this business and it will precede you wherever you go. If certain companies want to play their games with you then so be it. Don't let them dictate how you act. You will eventually get a good job and to a large degree, your reputaion will get you there.

Good luck and don't look back...

remember,
theres a WHOLE LOT of real scumbag operators out there in the corporate world, especially at the charter end..
dont let it get you down, obviously you are leaving for a better job, no? sounds like it was just a starter job, let it go. With that type of attitude they will get a reputation fast..
One question?? Why in the world would you not use all your vacation????? I hope you were reimbursed???
Never do any of these comapnies any favors...they will just turn around and screw you!!
Better luck at the next gig, it gets much better as you work for higher quality places!!

?

I really don't know why I didnt use all my vacation. I guess I figured I was saving it for something or other. Either way you are right. I am leaving for a better job and I hopefully will never have to do the lousy91/135 crap anymore.
I definately learnt my lesson.
CL60 - Your story definately beats mine. I mean that in the nicest possible way. It's nice to know I am not the only one to have gotten screwed.
Bigger and better things ahead. Good luck to all.

G200

By the way I was just curious, how does that G200 fly. Is it as nice as it was supposed to be. I saw the cockpit a few months ago and it was one of the cleanest I have ever seen.

be realistic

It is common practice and in fact policy at many companies, not anything to do with aviation or flight departments, to have people who resign leave immediately.

It may be common place, but it's common stupidity... The previous posts are correct this behavior is unfortunately, not unmatched. But, to excuse it under the veil of, "it's done in other business'" only perpetuates the practice. I try to maintain the sometimes minority opinion that both business and individuals should operate under the treat others how you would want them to treat you philosophy...

Hopefully those forced to endure this crap uses the experience to move on to bigger and, most importantly, better things.

Remember, operators like this are most likely treating other aspects of their operation in the same manner. (i.e. maintenance) As said earlier, hang on to the truely important ideals like your integrity, professionalism, and respect for others and hopefully you will be rewarded with bigger and better things to come.

I'll step down from the soap box now... Take care all and fly safe.

As a low timer, I would certainly benefit from the identity of your former employer. If you don't want to post it here, send me a PM so I can avoid this. I don't have several decades to screw around..

SAME HERE

YES THE SAME HERE LOW TIME AND NO TIME TO MESS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back