Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just a note of caution for SWA interviewees.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will yield that the class date=job certainly has more of a finality to it I have one more question before I let this lie. What does in plain English "you were not selected to continue in the selection process" mean?

Your kidding right? I don't know, maybe "your not continueing the process"? There have been occasions where fellers recieved the "good call, congrats and your continuing the process, to sorry, your background check dosen't jive with what you disclose.

Your not hired until the first day of class. Point blank and very clear. If they find something on your background check which turns up that you did not disclose, sorry and begs to ask what else could there be?

Just a word of caution. The background check is very very detailed. If you hide it, they will find it.

What does in plain English "you were not selected to continue in the selection process" mean?

Your kidding? Sorry for the "not selected to continue"="Not hired" letter. Better luck next time.

I flew with a guy this past week and we were talking about people getting hired. He said he went to bat for a "good" friend that he was friends with for years in the flying community. Well the guy did not get the job. Well it turns out the guy dropped out of high school and never even went back to get a GED. Did the guy writing the letters of rec know this....hell no. He said had he known this he would have never gotten involved.

You may not know everything about people you feel you are friends with. Now if you met this guy in the interview, you don't no crap about him/her. Quit feeling sorry for them because this is still like a poker game for some people. Hide your cards until someone calls you then they see you were bluffing....then you lose.

I work with the guy that everyone is talking about. He is a stand up individual. It was simply a error on SWA. The day he interviewed, there was also a guy there with the same last name and same first name initial. The phone call went like this:

CP “Hi, this is the CP from SWA, is Joe Blow in?”
AP “This is Jim Blow.”
CP “Uhm, yeah, Jim blow congratulations you are passing onto the next phase”
AP “Awesome, I am so happy. I am going to tell everyone”

A few days later Jim Blow go the letter in the mail. He called the People Department and they informed him that there was a mix up. He didn’t do well in the LOI portion of the interview.

I work with the guy that everyone is talking about. He is a stand up individual. It was simply a error on SWA. The day he interviewed, there was also a guy there with the same last name and same first name initial. The phone call went like this:

CP “Hi, this is the CP from SWA, is Joe Blow in?”
AP “This is Jim Blow.”
CP “Uhm, yeah, Jim blow congratulations you are passing onto the next phase”
AP “Awesome, I am so happy. I am going to tell everyone”

A few days later Jim Blow go the letter in the mail. He called the People Department and they informed him that there was a mix up. He didn’t do well in the LOI portion of the interview.

I'm glad that SWA clarified where he went wrong, I wish they could've told me so I could learn from the experience. It is good to hear that the guys integrity is intact, there were a few posters on this topic assumed off the bat he must have had a skeleton in his closet and he was not telling me everything.

Thank you for your post.

Last edited:
They did not tell me what I scrwed up on when I did not get it the first time. I highly doubt they told him but who am I....I guess the stars align once in every decade. I think that is the canned reason why people don;t get the job due to a poor interview. I screwed up the LOI. If that is the case then he or she should have no problem getting a second interview.

I've got a signed letter from Plato Rhryne at Delta telling me I'm in. I've also got the one I got a few weeks later telling me they changed their minds. That was 2000. Man am I glad for miracles.

Gup

As someone told me as I transitioned from the military into this business...

"You're not an employee until your sitting in class with an employee # on your company badge....and then you're on probation for 12 months!"

Never burn a bridge until you have to....and always have a plan B.

Best advice given in this thread!

Latest resources

Back