Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just a little Miffed with the media coverage!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rvsm410

Is it just me? I'll be first person to say our family was blessed with finding, and the return of our extended family from the war torn area of Slidell La...we are all greatful for this..BUTT

As I have watched the tube all week and seen the so called "fair and Balanced" news reporting of our nations media especially as it concerns all the help that has come pouring into that area...I have not seen or heard a single word, or coverage regarding all the airlines and employees that have supported this effort..

Tons of supplies being brought into many of the airports, the free flights getting people out to houston and San Antonio...and Go knows where else..

I saw a article on line where crews were all volunteers to fly and provide flight and ground services I believe it was COA...Saw were Airtran brought 52,000 lbs of food, water and aid to Gulfport.....and I am sure there are many other companies and there employees that have given of themselves during the past week......

Where is the press coverage of this? The reporters at MSY have covered alot of material, but not a word about our industries part in this evacuation..

I dont know, maybe I'm being a bit to touchy about this, I just think in a time where human interest stories are abound, that these airline people and the companies should get some recognition for there efforts too....most if not all volunteering....

Rant off.....

Last edited:
I saw Airtran's HUGE press coverage on MSNBC last night.....a little ticker on the bottom of the screen. You hear it mentioned now and then, but you're right.

It would also be nice to see some success stories in all of this. You know there are some/many but all they can focus on is the bad. When you get beat with the bad over and over, it really depresses you and makes you think no one is doing ANYTHING ANYWHERE and that is obviously not true.

Also, here's something I find a little annoying because my better half is down there hoisting...why do they call every single helicopter rescue the Coast Guard?? Last time I checked, the USCG didn't wear cammies or greens...Thanks Navy, Marines, and Army too.

Im up in canada right now and global news mentions what Air Canada is doing to help. Something about them sending down a plane full of stuff and then taking people out. And I THINK they said that the crew was doing it for free.

It is prettty amazing how different the coverage is up here. We get Global news, and BBC, and all they do is show the awful pictures of all the dead people and stuff and bash the pres. Then I switch over to CNN and see the crap they are broadcasting.

And maybe it's just me, but.........

I thought charity was all about helping people, and not about getting "news coverage" for doing it. I also gave a donation, but I did not do it so I could be "recognized" for doing so. There are all sorts of companies, fraternal organizations, and individuals pitching in to help in this time of national need. They do it because it seems like the right thing to do; not for the press and PR coverage for it.

jarhead said:
And maybe it's just me, but.........

I thought charity was all about helping people, and not about getting "news coverage" for doing it. I also gave a donation, but I did not do it so I could be "recognized" for doing so. There are all sorts of companies, fraternal organizations, and individuals pitching in to help in this time of national need. They do it because it seems like the right thing to do; not for the press and PR coverage for it.
I see your point, but it would also be nice if credit is being given on the media to those that have helped in this disaster, why not give it to all that have helped? The news is supposed to cover all aspects of what's going on, and I think the general public would actually like to know that people from all walks of life, including the airlines, are doing what they can.

Thanks, my point exactly.....I am not suggesting that any company in peticular do this for praise...I am talking about the positive side of this mess, all the groups of people the companies that are doing extrordinary things to help and do their part...

You know we all see the the needle pegged all the way to the left and right here on flight info, but we also see this expressed in the media...I just wish the media would get off the backs of the government over this process...finger pointing right now serves nothing right now....I believe everyone is doing what they can to help...

Jarhead: thanks for your donation, trying keeping the needle in the green, there is enough needle pegging going on....

I agree with Jarhead, it's about the giving-not the receiving-of thanks.

Maybe when the life and death struggles are over, they'll give attention to who gave what.

An Eastern proverb says, if you receive your thanks from men for giving here on earth, you won't receive your reward in heaven.

Latest resources

Back