Junior Man sick calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FirstMate

Anybody have any general ideas or assumtions as to the consequences of an F/A calling in sick for a junior man....I realize it varies for different contracts/companies...
thanks

I call in sick when I'm sick, and don't when I'm not. But that's just me.

I take it you're just going to claim to be sick if you do get called? That's a classy move.

Are you trying to make a point or piss someone off?

I guess I don't understand your motivation.

First of all, my squeeze was sick so she called in sick obviously and went to the doctor. Whoever said it was a bluff? A doctors note was issued and faxed to the company at their request. I was simply inquiring about possible consequences if one wasn't able to get into a doctor, produce a doctor's note, etc. Why don't you pop a few Midol and chill the f_ck out.

Bafan's Unite.

Hey man, I'm sorry..your original post indicated you're just banging in sick if you're junior manned.

I guess I didn't see the rest of your explanation.

Calling In Sick

It depends on the company you work for and their policy. Airlines frown on calling in sick. You will most likely end up with an occurance (and watch out for how many you accumulate. You could end up with a suspension or fired). Also if you are still on probation, remember they can fire you for anything!

My vote is don't call off unless it is *extremely necessary*. And always fax in a doctors note. Just my 2 cents worth

Just a side note to this topic. This worked for years when I was an FA.

Get a custom ring number on top of your home phone. Instead of it ringing with one long ring, it might give two or three short rings. It will usually Give that number ONLY to the airline as your contact number. When that phone rings, you know that it is crew scheduling. I had that number for years and NEVER got junior manned during the holidays or any other time. Works like a charm! :)

Latest resources

Back