Junior assigned at Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bull********************

I can assure you, this sounds EXACTLY like what happens at Mesa on a daily basis.

Now they're adding junior assignments to the "release" paperwork, right above where the captain signs the paperwork where he verifies that he's read all the release (all 40 pages of it . . . yeah right).

Mesa Crew Trackers . . . you can run, but you can't hide (unless you change shirts and jump out the service door).

Dude, you are so welcome in my jumpseat anytime!

And yeah, our crew trackers are out of control. I watched a Dash 8 crew walk into the terminal from a plane and watch a crew tracker try to junior assign the captain a CRJ flight.

Haha! They tried to to JRA me a dash trip when I was on the CRJ once (as I was walking off a CRJ). I played it for all it was worth, strung the guy along for about five minutes until he got the CP on the line. When I handed the phone back to the CT guy I could EVERYTHING the CP said to the little clown, it was that loud!

Last edited:
I can assure you, this sounds EXACTLY like what happens at Mesa on a daily basis.

Now they're adding junior assignments to the "release" paperwork, right above where the captain signs the paperwork where he verifies that he's read all the release (all 40 pages of it . . . yeah right).

Mesa Crew Trackers . . . you can run, but you can't hide (unless you change shirts and jump out the service door).

Ah, yes summer 2005...fond memories of dragging my rollaboard across the ramp to another jetway...wearing an Hawiian shirt over my uniform.

Bull********************

Obviously you've never worked at mesa. This is ENTIRELY plausible, that what makes it so funny.

Maybe I'll JS through PHX on mesa next time I go home, just to see if I can get JRA'ed. I can replace my epualets with my old mesa epualets to make me more attractive as bait!

Last edited:
I heard a good story about one of the crew trackers walking around the ramp at IAD JA'n crews. Well one of the Crews Called the airport cops saying an unauthorized person was out on the sida area with no badge. The story goes that the cops grabbed the A-hole tracker and mesa got a huge fine. If thats true...Awesome

That happened in PHX in 2005. The CT's had mesa badges, but not SIDA badges. The vast majority of the gates had jetways, (expect for two ) so the CT's could legally hang out in the jetway. Well this one CT went all the way out to the far-end CRJ200/dash parking spot on the ramp at B-15 (IIRC). He was WAY out in the SIDA area with no SIDA badge. The CA called for security on the ground freq...they came out and hooked the guy up.

Now if you were really anti-MESA, what you could have done was tell the crew tracker that you accept the trip . . .

. . . never telling the "Actual" crew of the reassignment, then let the crew get in trouble for no-showing the next assignment.

Not that I'm advocating it, I'm just saying that would be even funnier - the crew gets another call as they're in the parking lot about to leave.

That story just made my day.

Now if you were really anti-MESA, what you could have done was tell the crew tracker that you accept the trip . . .

. . . never telling the "Actual" crew of the reassignment, then let the crew get in trouble for no-showing the next assignment.

Not that I'm advocating it, I'm just saying that would be even funnier - the crew gets another call as they're in the parking lot about to leave.

That would be funny!! Even better.... if you were on the plane trying to non-rev or jumpseat home and your on the plane that has no crew because someone actually does this! LOL

Last edited:
I climbed out of an airplane in a polo shirt, first "passenger" off the aircraft, because they were trying to junior assign me for two days later (middle of three days off and I commute). As the gate agent was running down the jetway, somebody on the other end of the radio was telling her to notify the captain, as I stroll up as a normal passenger....and my phone starts blowing up three min's later...as I just laugh and laugh hard...

Score: 1 for me, 0 for mesa

Fix it or Burn it, and I think right now, that only leaves one option.

Latest resources

Back