Jungle Jet and CRJ speeds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lrjtcaptain

im currently down at the ATC academy in KOKC, hung up my wings for a while and im in initial training for the tower. Anyways, on a break today we were out side, and of course if you knew the FAA, the MMAC is right on the airport. An ERJ145 took off and a guy in my class was like, that thing is so **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** fast compared to the rest of the regional jets. Well, compared to the DoJet and AVRO of course but not against the CRJ. I was pretty sure he was wrong so we made a bet. Our bet was that he stands on the notion that the ERJ is faster then the CRJ. Standard ER OR LR CRJ's and ERJ135/145. Not familiar with the new XR and what it can do speed wise and he didn't feel like including the CRJ700/900 series in our bet but thats fine cause I'm pretty sure the LR/ER models will out run the junglejets.

so lets take a standard CRJ200ER and a standard ERJ145. Both leaving OKC for STL. Whos gonna get there first?

Any jungle jet drivers and CRJ drivers give me average mach speeds you run around in cruise.

thanks.

CRJ200

We plan .77 in the winter and .74 in the summer months. It'll usually do better than that (.78 or so). Usually in the low 30's for cruise.

For the 145/135 the cruise mach is .77... the XRJ is currently in the process of being certified for .84 mach at cruise.

Last edited:
CL-65 MMO is .85

While company would like us to cruise at .74...
.78-.8 is the norm for us... That is in the high 20's to low 30's

Ceiling is FL410, distance is about 1500NM

Dondk

Ditto! .78-.80;)

If you ever decide to include the CRJ-700, the planned cruise is .77, but the puppy will do .84 most of the time easily.

www.canadair.com

CRJ200
Speeds: Mach
High cruise speed 0.81
Normal cruise speed 0.74

www.embraer.com

ERJ 145
Maximum cruise speed (Mach .78)

www.orbitz.com

dfw-okc
crj200=
Depart: 9:10pm Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Economy | 59min
Arrive: 10:09pm Oklahoma City, OK (OKC) Canadair

erj145=
Depart: 7:50am Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Economy | 1hr
Arrive: 8:50am Oklahoma City, OK (OKC) Embraer RJ145

Long Time Gone said:
If you ever decide to include the CRJ-700, the planned cruise is .77, but the puppy will do .84 most of the time easily.

Does the -700 quit climbing well above FL200 like the -200?

dondk said:
CL-65 MMO is .85

While company would like us to cruise at .74...
.78-.8 is the norm for us... That is in the high 20's to low 30's

Ceiling is FL410, distance is about 1500NM

For the life of me I cannot figure out why you guys are out there purposly flying non-standard profiles, burning an excessive amount of fuel, and driving down trip values with this .80 bullsh*t. I hope you grow into a professional pilot someday as opposed to a pilot who is paid to fly.

DoinTime said:
For the life of me I cannot figure out why you guys are out there purposly flying non-standard profiles, burning an excessive amount of fuel, and driving down trip values with this .80 bullsh*t. I hope you grow into a professional pilot someday as opposed to a pilot who is paid to fly.

I had a MEM (green) Captain not too long ago.. He asked me about the profiles and if we (DTW) guys flew them...
My response was simple.. it is what center wants... Right after that we got the normal call of "max forward speed for spacing to Detroit"

Not to be offensive, but in some areas you can get away with 250 kts or .74.. Try that up north and they are asking if your operationaly restricted.

The question then becomes do I pi$$ off center or do I fly the profile to keep the trip values high?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back