Jumpseats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hermair52

I've been wondering...actually many of us have been wondering!? I fly for Air Wisconsin and as many fellow express companies. We recently have made arangements to carry unlimited jumpseats! There are many ( if not all) express companies that do the same. Frontier, Southwest and even NWA hve increased the number of jumpseats that they can take. What's the deal with the others UAL, AA, Delta, CAL. Can anyone give me a good reason whay an airline would limit the number of potentially helpful crew members from being on the flight?

Thanks

hermair52 said:
I've been wondering...actually many of us have been wondering!? I fly for Air Wisconsin and as many fellow express companies. We recently have made arangements to carry unlimited jumpseats! There are many ( if not all) express companies that do the same. Frontier, Southwest and even NWA hve increased the number of jumpseats that they can take. What's the deal with the others UAL, AA, Delta, CAL. Can anyone give me a good reason whay an airline would limit the number of potentially helpful crew members from being on the flight?

Thanks

JetBlue will fill up the a/c with jumpseaters. That is due to our forward thinking management, like yours. Unfortunately, the jumpseat is "owned" by the company. It is their airplane and their seat. I have seen it to be a contract issue at times to get multiple jumpseats. USAirways has in the last year started allowing multiple jumpseaters again. I do believe that their wholly owned regionals followed suit.

I just JS'd on US Air mainline, and I must say it was the smoothest JS I have had in a long time.

Latest resources

Back