• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can you back this up with anything? The jumpseat coordinator for ExpressJet has told me personally (via PM) that this is not true. I wish it was, it would be nice for me.

I'm the ExpressJet jumpseat coordinator. Ameriflight is not on our list. Few Part 135 carriers are.

The reason in a nutshell is this: The ability to jumpseat is written into FAR 121. Therefore, jumpseating between 121 carriers is fairly easy. Reciprocal agreements are really only handshake deals put on paper, mostly to satisfy management.

Adding a Part 135 carrier requires special approval. That translates into spending political capital that could be used on more important jumpseat issues. A Part 135 carrier would have to offer us something pretty tantalizing in order to be added to the list. Very, very few meet that criteria.

I'm the ExpressJet jumpseat coordinator. Ameriflight is not on our list. Few Part 135 carriers are.

The reason in a nutshell is this: The ability to jumpseat is written into FAR 121. Therefore, jumpseating between 121 carriers is fairly easy. Reciprocal agreements are really only handshake deals put on paper, mostly to satisfy management.

Adding a Part 135 carrier requires special approval. That translates into spending political capital that could be used on more important jumpseat issues. A Part 135 carrier would have to offer us something pretty tantalizing in order to be added to the list. Very, very few meet that criteria.

Bill- I'm confused then. I'm looking right at the Jepp style form that was put in our v-file a year or so back.... Ameriflight is on the list. I really try and pay attention to all my ALPA blastmails, etc, I never saw anything that said that list in not valid.

I'll have to take a look into this. The list you have was put out before I became the jumpseat coordinator. The reciprocal agreement list that's on SONIC, which is what a gate agent goes by, does not have Ameriflight on it. Neither does the list that's posted on our ALPA web site.

I'll have to take a look into this. The list you have was put out before I became the jumpseat coordinator. The reciprocal agreement list that's on SONIC, which is what a gate agent goes by, does not have Ameriflight on it. Neither does the list that's posted on our ALPA web site.

thanks man... yeah I didn't mean to pass bad info if that is the case, but I keep that form right in my flight case.

if it helps, you mention the reciprocal list on sonic/alpa.... but this list I believe is the non reciprocal ones as well.... quite honestly some airlines I've never heard of, so that is probably why they are not on the reciprocal list.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back