Jumpseating while in class...Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

treetop flyer

For all those currently in training at Comair...

Can new hires jumpseat on Comair during training?
I'll be in class over Turkey day and Christmas...and assuming we have some down time I'd like to attempt to get home!

Thanks
TF

Not sure about Comair policy but while in training at ACA I jumpseated on Comair. They were very friendly and didnt blink when I told them I was still in ground school. I cant imagine that it would be different for one of their own...

Nope

I asked that very question to my Indoc instructor (Captain) a month ago when I started class. He said we weren't legal to J/S until we're a "qualified crewmember." Meaning, after our SIC ride in the sim. :rolleyes: Bummer, I know!

But, don't despair! The pass bureau is VERY HELPFUL in getting you non-rev passes for whatever travel needs you have during training. There are a couple people in my class who've non-revved home every weekend without a hitch. You'll travel on S-3 priority (regular employee) at the bottom of the seniority line, so make sure there are plenty of open seats on the flights!

I can't belive I've been here only a month and already have 39 below me on the senority list!! Remember, the 2nd Tuesday is familiy day. They'll non-rev your spouse/significant other or both to the event.

For the new hire trying to JS. Just remember that EVERYONE is traveling over Thanksgiving and Christmas. And I mean everyone! So don't count on getting home. It will be difficult for the pilots who are allowed to sit in the jumpseat. For those who are non-reving and have to sit in the back, it is almost impossible! Now this depends on what your destination is too.

Just a heads up! Sorry, but it is better to know ahead of time so you can warn your family.

Yes, it is a bummer to be stuck in CVG for a holiday.

Latest resources

Back