Jumpseating on XJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

V-1

Since we're discussing jumpseat procedures, any advice on jumpseating with Mesaba? Is listing in advance a recommended practice? If so, what's the best way to accomplish that? I need to try to catch a ride with them up North tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if you can list as an off-liner or not. You don't have to be in uniform and they take unlimited jumpseaters. I've gone on them several times and haven't had a problem yet.

If you can get past the gate agent, you can have a ride. That is my only critereria. And no.....off line jumpseaters cannot list themselves.

How far north are you going?

Mesaba is my favorite to jump with, I work for a cargo airline and I have never had a problem with Mesaba, they are a great bunch of people. I have never been treated with anything less than absoulute respect when I fly with them. You can't list yourself as an offliner, but just go to the gate and request the seat and they will put you in any seat available. I have only flown with them on the Avro and I have never sat anywhere but first class. To all you Mesaba guys out there, thanks a bunch and keep up the good work. You will always have a seat on my plane!!

I'm glad to hear noone has had any problems riding with us. Its too bad you can't list, but I'll tell you that for the most part we usually have seats available in the back, and we will fill them with non revs if we can. So you shouldn't have a problem riding with us. Good luck!

Thanks everyone for the posts. In uniform, I had no problem getting help from the gate agents. The Avro from CVG to DTW was a great ride. Although there was a seat open on the first Saab flight from DTW to APN, they had too many bags on board to fill the seat with me. After waiting seven more hours, I was able to catch the second and final flight that night. It was touch and go though, they had been soliciting volunteers to give up their seats!

Thanks to all of you at XJ, and in particular the gate agents and crews operating the flights for accomodating me.

Latest resources

Back