Jumpseating on United

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Smash312

Quick question.... Am wanting to go from IAD - Kuwait City (KWI) next week. Flight looks wide open.

Now I know that we can list on expressnet to go, but there are fees and what not associated. I would like to know, is it possible to turn up to the gate and request the 'Jumpseat'. Now I know that we can't sit in in the cockpit, but as the flight is wide open, would they list me as a jumpseat rider and then just get a seat in the back?

Do people do this for international segments?

Thanks for all relevant replies.

Dont think you have to list ahead of time, but you will probably still have to pay the taxes even to JS. i would just list and take the first or biz seat....you might get stuck in the back if you JS. That way you can blasted on the flight and get some sleep...well worth the few extra bucks.

Thanks for all relevant replies.
As mentioned above, you will need to pay taxes anyway so your best bet might be a non-rev pass. Non-mainline intl JS is boarded at BP-11 priority and may be seated in economy or business, but not first per the UA FOM. With BP-11 you will be at the bottom of the upgrade list if that is a concern.

Check-in very early at the UA ticket counter (i.e. >2:30) prior.

(BTW, I'm not sure if there are any specific requirements for KWI for early listing, ect.)

Good luck!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back