Jumpseating on Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pipejockey

Hi, could the Pinnacle folks tell me if you allow any 121 pilot to jumpseat with you or does there have to be an official written agreement? We reciprocate with anyone but most guys don't bother with us because we are night freight and it's slightly more complicated. So I guess my secondary question is this...do your gate agents check the list or do they just honor any 121 ID and leave it up to the Captain?
I don't want to risk getting to my local airport and being given the jumpseat but then at the hub being denied due to a different policy those agents may follow and not being able to get home.

Thanks in advance!

Most agents don't check the list, but there's always that possibility that you'll get the one agent who's a stickler for the rules. Most of our Captains will allow anyone on that's 121 or 135 (except for HoJets) as long as you get past the gate agent.

As long as you are not G.Jets. And I hope my 9E brothers can back me up on that.

We go out our way to make sure we get the Jump seater on, Even if you are not on the list.
I'm kind of surprised that you say that we don't have a reciprocal with you, we do with almost everybody. If you have problems at the gate, tell the CSA that you would like to speak to the skipper.
The only issue there is that if you are not a CASS member, you will only ride if there is a seat in the back.

We are always glad to have you

PM. Me if you want to check our reciprocal list, most likely you are already on it.

Last edited:
Thanks folks. I think I will give it a try, maybe bring some chocolate bars for the gate agents. As far as being surprised we are not on your list, well that stems from us being a small freight hauler and we don't have the comittees that you all have to keep the jumpseat agreements all up to date. We only have one crewmember who does this and it would be a full time job dealing one on one with all the regional carriers. So as a result we just have a few..USair, swa, JB etc.

pipejockey said:
Thanks folks. I think I will give it a try, maybe bring some chocolate bars for the gate agents. As far as being surprised we are not on your list, well that stems from us being a small freight hauler and we don't have the comittees that you all have to keep the jumpseat agreements all up to date. We only have one crewmember who does this and it would be a full time job dealing one on one with all the regional carriers. So as a result we just have a few..USair, swa, JB etc.

Who do you work for? Cappy?

Latest resources

Back