Jumpseating on FDX over the Holiday season

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

suupah

As much ranting as I do about undervalued ticket prices HOLY COW its expensive to travel over the holidays esp. considering I'll only get one full day at my destination it is hard to drop a thousand dollars.

Anyone have experience jumpseating on FedEx around Holiday time? I am looking to travel on the 23rd evening. Do they operate the morning of the 24th?

Thanks in advance!

As much ranting as I do about undervalued ticket prices HOLY COW its expensive to travel over the holidays esp. considering I'll only get one full day at my destination it is hard to drop a thousand dollars.

Anyone have experience jumpseating on FedEx around Holiday time? I am looking to travel on the 23rd evening. Do they operate the morning of the 24th?

Thanks in advance!

You can find their flight information on the link on the FedEx jumpseat link on Airline Pilot central under cargo. Just call the number provided and list as soon as posible inside a 24 hour window prior to departure

The number is 1 (866) 357-5711. If you haven't jumped before with the you have to call 24hrs prior. The site to look up flights is http://www2.alpa.org/fdx/jumpseat/Default.aspx. You can't list more than 24 hours prior up to (I think) 6 hours prior. If you list and need to cancel you must do so (I think it's 4 hours) prior or you can't jump again. The seat is guaranteed unless a must ride crew movement is done last minute. It's the best way to go. Almost always on time, almost always goes. Most widebodies have 6 seats. Fdx pilots can list prior to off line so their commutes and travels should already be factored in by the time you call.

Thanks for the responses. Any experience jumping on them over the holidays? Wondering how available seats are that time of year

Give them a call well in advance to make sure they have whatever paperwork they need. I jumped on them a couple years ago and remember they needed some time to get you in their system. I can't remember exactly how it worked, but I'd call them now and ask if there is anything they need.

Cheers,
Scott

Latest resources

Back