• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jumpseating in uniform

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Commute in uniform and haven't had any problems.

The exclusion to the ban on liquids is only for airline crewmembers traveling IN UNIFORM. Of course, an ID is part of that uniform. If you are in civilian clothes you are subject to the same rules as all the other passengers. I was positive space on my own airline, but in civilain clothes because I was coming from a meeting. Guess what... additional screening, despite the airline ID. If you are not in uniform and they don't confiscate your toothpaste and shaving cream, they cut you some slack--they didn't follow their own published rules!

In uniform commuting has been like it was last month. Wear your shoes and bring your toiletries in your carry on. No problem.

TSA Opinions

I was told that I was a passenger and subject to all the passenger requirements, in uniform w/ company id showing. Depends on the location you are trying to traverse.

Already travelled about six times in uniform. One problem but asked to speak to the supervisor. He let me through but the funny thing was, he didn't seem to know that the exemption for aircrew in uniform existed. The other thing is, the TSA general policy is to exempt, however each airport can come up with a more restrictive policy.

dgs said:
The exclusion to the ban on liquids is only for airline crewmembers traveling IN UNIFORM. Of course, an ID is part of that uniform. If you are in civilian clothes you are subject to the same rules as all the other passengers. I was positive space on my own airline, but in civilain clothes because I was coming from a meeting. Guess what... additional screening, despite the airline ID. If you are not in uniform and they don't confiscate your toothpaste and shaving cream, they cut you some slack--they didn't follow their own published rules!

In uniform commuting has been like it was last month. Wear your shoes and bring your toiletries in your carry on. No problem.

MOST STOOPID ... TSA .... ONCE AGAIN, COMMON SENSE HAS LOST.

No uniform and all of a sudden I am a threat.

Bavarian Chef,

Man, I totally agree. What could the difference possibly be if you're in uniform or not? If you are airline flight crew then you should be exempt not matter what you're wearing as long as you have your ID. I've traveled with and without uniform and have had no problems. I talked with a 777 AA Captain who was working a flight back from Heathrow and had to check his own bag. So as bad as our TSA guys are, at least they are not that bad.

Hot stews.... where?? neither in my concourse or in the plane for sure...and the cinnabons are way overpriced too...
I think I'm gonna go cargo.

Latest resources

Back