Jumpseating and CASS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SKYW Pilot

Ok... Our airline is now CASS which is great news. BUT, I'm still waiting for my stupid passport. I've heard that some CASS airlines (Horizon, Alaska, AAL, etc.) will not even let you ride in the cabin without a passport. I have to get to LAX this weekend and I'm either going to take SWA or UAL. Will I have the same problems as those other airlines? Again, I know I can't occupy the cockpit (except UAL because we're a UAX carrier), but will I be able to ride in the cabin on SWA without a passport? And since I'm asking... why the heck do I need a passport to sit in the back of the plane? If you have an agreement with us (Skywest) and a valid airline ID you're welcome in the CABIN on our flights with or without a passport. So what gives?

And to all those who have opened up their "jumpseat" to me in the past... let me take this time to say, "Thanks a million!"

I forgot my passport the other day and America West (usair or whatever) let me ride in the back... 1st class even...

Definately need it for the C'pit though.

The rules are you need a passport w/ CASS. That's assuming you're in the cockpit. Unfortunately some of the gate agents don't understand the passport+cass=cockpit. Before cass we could ride in the back w/ a company ID. They just don't get it. Limitations of a crappy system! Like you found out some will still let you ride... just in the back.

At SWA you still can ride in the back if your not CASS, but these days are numbered as the TSA is requiring that only CASS individuals be in the front or back. When this is starts, I'm not sure but I think it is towards the first of the year.

Sorry to limit an informational thread, but with security concerns the way they are these days, we don't need to put amplifying data on jumpseating information on the web.

Contact your jumpseat coordinator--he/she will give you all the information you need.

EF

need the info

tailhookah said:
The rules are you need a passport w/ CASS. That's assuming you're in the cockpit. Unfortunately some of the gate agents don't understand the passport+cass=cockpit. Before cass we could ride in the back w/ a company ID. They just don't get it. Limitations of a crappy system! Like you found out some will still let you ride... just in the back.

Do you have any references for this please? I need to convince my A/L to get moving on this before we're screwed.

I Don't mean to hijack the thread but on the subject of jumpseating I just wanted to throw out a quick thanks to all the guys/gals at AirTran. I've had a mixed bag (mostly good) commuting with other carriers, but you guys have always been great. Just the other day you all (gate agents and FA's included) went out of your way to see that I got on and in that last seat even when you were already running late. It is MUCH appreciated.

Great to see Skywest onboard with CASS.....anyone know when the other Dal Connection folks in SLC (ASA and Shuttle America) are going to get CASS?

ERJ

Latest resources

Back