• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseaters Etiquette

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did he vacuum the cabin and change the lav too?

I have started my stopwatch waiting for an anti-JB response.
Should be any second now...

There, I couldn't let you down, oldxfr8dog. ;)

oldxfr8dog is spot on. Polite people are not indicative of their employer as much as ones upbringing. Jumpseating is a privilege that can be taken away at a moments notice.
I always apperciate a J/S presenting credentials and asking for the privilege. At UAL J/S policy has been improved time and time again. Hopefully it will continue to be.

Birdman
BTV

Did he vacuum the cabin and change the lav too?

There, I couldn't let you down, oldxfr8dog. ;)

You sir are an arrogant little prick. Perhaps you should take the time to educate your Jetblue jumpseaters on the virtues of your mighty ALPA. Oh, I forgot much of the Jetblue jumpseaters that you see have probably been furloughed or have been royally screwed around by your union in a past life. Once again pay for training boy you have zero credibility on these forums so please go away you little turd.

Ouch!

I have to agree that polite people are brought up that way.....

However, there are exceptions to every rule. I think if you are happy at home and at work, you show it. With all the happiness (sarcasm intended) going on in the business today, it is no wonder that some guys are a little surly from time to time.

A350

You sir are an arrogant little prick. Perhaps you should take the time to educate your Jetblue jumpseaters on the virtues of your mighty ALPA. Oh, I forgot much of the Jetblue jumpseaters that you see have probably been furloughed or have been royally screwed around by your union in a past life. Once again pay for training boy you have zero credibility on these forums so please go away you little turd.

I thought he was kidding but whatever....

Hs

Gee, somebody says please and thank you, demonstrates the Golden Rule, and they took a bath that morning. Next thing you know, it's high-fives and back-slaps all 'round on FI, followed by the standard recriminations--wabohs

Ummm, yeah. It was a joke. That's why the little smiley-wink face was at the end. I know it's tough for you to keep up, but keep trying!

Kudos to my first CASS rider and jumpseater the other day. A real class act. Most of you could learn a few things from this JetBlue Pilot.

He asked for the ride, very courteous, offerred his credentials,(all of them, not just the crew id.), and when he overheard me offering to run grab a meal for a hungry flight attendant, he offered to make the run himself and then paid the tab. He didn't impede the boarding or deplaning of our paying passengers, and conducted himself in a most professional manner as an additional member of our crew(ACM). JetBlue is lucky to have him. Quite a refreshing change from the degredation of etiquette in the past few years.

JetBlue always welcome in my Tranny Cockpit. (as is everyone else of course)

An ex Indy?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back