• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One of our guys commutes to Brazil. I'm pretty sure he doesn't buy tickets.

Thank you guys!!! It is the first time I will actually use CASS so I was wondering how big of a hassle it would be!!! I will give it a try and figure it out, I had heard that international jumpseat/ non revs were not available. hopefully this is not true.!!!!

Thank you again and fly safe!!!!

Thank you guys!!! It is the first time I will actually use CASS so I was wondering how big of a hassle it would be!!! I will give it a try and figure it out, I had heard that international jumpseat/ non revs were not available. hopefully this is not true.!!!!

Thank you again and fly safe!!!!

Dude, you still didn't post your carrier or destination so while people are trying to be helpful, you're not giving them much to work with.

And I'm curious - did you use the search function? It should've answered any CASS questions that you have.

I've jumpseated internationally on other carriers so I know it can be done. But it's not as easy as domestic jumpseating.

Last point to consider. Since you've never used CASS, that tells me you haven't jumpseated in a very long time if ever. My recommendation is that you jumpseat domestically just so you can understand all of the nuances of jumpseating. Especially the etiquette. Domestic jumpseating is much easier than international. And you will have to pay departure/immigration taxes on international jumpseating.

Another word of wisdom when returning back to the US. Make sure you show up in your uniform and giving yourself plenty of time. The uniform down there is more important than the piece of plastic you present to the gate agent. With most airlines you can jumpseat back in the cabin (not the actual j/s). Have a return ID90 ticket as a back-up (for the first few times until you have the system figured out).

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]¡[/FONT]Buena suerte amigo!

Where in South America, would be a big help!

I am trying to get to venezuela!!! I know its not the best destination now but I have family there.

and YES I did a search on CASS here and most of the forums talk about delta which is good because I talk to a capt in my company and he has jumped in delta internationally and like some said here its a mater of showing up early pay taxes and talk to crew!!!

thanks to all who replied
fly and be safe people!!

One more piece of advice. When you return back to the US, make sure to change into regular cloths before you clear US customs and immigration. They get very touchy if you show up in uniform but are not on the crew manifest. That's usually a ticket to a free inspection!

Latest resources

Back