• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseat to Toronto

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew Jazz, part of Air Canada but you have to ride in the back, have to pay taxes and possibly a fuel surcharge

I'm also planning a Canada trip next week. Anything special a SWA guy should know going ORD to Ottawa on Air Canada?

Hi!

I JS to YYZ fairly often. I've always used NWA, but not since we got in CASS with NWA, so I've always ridden in the back.

I've never paid anything (tax??? fuel charges???). NWA has 2 lists, domestic and intnt'l. Domestic=50 states and Canada. Intnt'l is everything else. We R only on the Domestic list. I've never had any problems, and now that we're in CASS, it would be even easier if the cabin were full.

cliff
YIP
PS-I ALWAYS JS in uniform now, because it's so much easier. If U JS to YYZ in uniform, U can go through the crew line in customs, saving a bunch of time. If you don't have a ride, you take the "Rocket" (the express bus) to the Kipling station, which is on the west end of the subway system. U just pay once (on the bus) and then you get a transfer to get into the subway system. Get on eastbound, and you're downtown. It's easy.

I too jumpseat to YYZ from MSP, DTW, LGA and JFK. I don't always wear my uniform and still go through Customs and security without any hassles.

As far as jumpseating goes, I have used Comair, Air Canada and Northwest. When leaving Canada, I went to the main ticket counter and simply asked for a jumpseat. All three had the jumpseat forms. All three made me pay taxes via a credit card (approx $35). They would not accept cash or check. I could not ride in the cockpit on any of them and was required to sit in the cabin.

When leaving the U.S., I rode in the cockpit (except Air Canada) but following the rules to the letter, I was not suppose to. The crew let it slide or simply didn't know. I paid no taxes either.

I hope this helps.

Latest resources

Back