Jumpseat to SYD?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sat74

Anyone have any recommendations on jumpseating from the west coast to Sydney besides UAL?

Who do you have JS priveleges with? Besides UAL, if you can get to HNL, Air Canada have a 767-300 daily as do Hawaiian.
Funny enough, I'm going to SYD on Wednesday, the wife & I. We bought tickets on UAL. Quite expensive though. However we've been talking about going there for sometime now.

Last edited:
I stand corrected. I don't think Hawaiian is daily. They do fly that route, check their schedule though. UPS & FDX do also however no CASS on international yet I believe.

I jumpseated on UAL to Sydney a few years ago and was treated like royalty. When it comes time to go home though, just remember when you check the loads to also ask how many are listed for non-rev. I thought I was home free when the reservation agent told me there were 100 seats open, but I wound up about 175 deep on the non-rev list. After sitting in the airport for three days I supported the local economy by buying a walk-up one way ticket back home on Quantas.

Great trip though. Make Bondi Beach your first stop. And don't be obvious when you stare...

Again, take Atlas.

atlasair.com is where you fill out the jumpseat info.

866-ATLASHQ and follow the prompts for atlas jumpseat.

Fill out the info a couple days ahead of time and Atlas will contact your company to verify employment. Doesn't matter if CASS or not.

Skyboy722 said:
I jumpseated on UAL to Sydney a few years ago and was treated like royalty. When it comes time to go home though, just remember when you check the loads to also ask how many are listed for non-rev. I thought I was home free when the reservation agent told me there were 100 seats open, but I wound up about 175 deep on the non-rev list. After sitting in the airport for three days I supported the local economy by buying a walk-up one way ticket back home on Quantas.

Great trip though. Make Bondi Beach your first stop. And don't be obvious when you stare...

Skyboy722,

I've been in the same boat as you, got to SYD on UPS back in 2001 and thought I was set to return home on UAL, it never happened! I ended up riding a freighter to HKG and then back to the U.S. on another freighter. It was the long way home, but I made it back. I'm not knocking UAL, but be prepared for the long list of non-revs and at the time they only took 1 jumpseater on the plane.

Latest resources

Back