Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fly26

Hello all,

I'm interested in jumpseating to the Grand Cayman Islands in a few weeks. I know ATA flies direct from MDW, but only on Saturdays and that doesn't work. American, Delta and US Air also go there. Will AA, Delta or US Air take jump seaters on international flights?

Thanks.

I jumped on USAIR (Piedmont actually) to Treasure Cay Bahamas last fall without any problems. I paid my departure taxes ahead of time at the counter , showed the receipt to the gate agent, and was off no problem. The captain was cool about it and I did the same thing on the return trip. I would assume it's the same way to Cayman but you should call your jumpseat coordinator just to be sure. Have fun. I'm jealous!!!!!

On Sept 9 and September 15, both American and US Airways took jumpseaters between the US and Grand Cayman. I was down there with another pilot and we both jumpseated both ways. Can't help you with the current policy, though, I'm no longer working for a 121 carrier.

Try the Hyatt Regency on Seven Mile Beach...airline rate of $99 per night.

If you want to go to Cayman Brac for a day trip, go to the Cayman Airways office on Grand Cayman and buy an ID 90 for $10 roundtrip! You can't get this deal from your own airline, like other ID 90s. You have to buy it directly from Cayman Airways.

Cayman Airways won't take jumpseaters from the US unless you talk to the captain directly. Gate agents and ops personnel automatically say no, but the captain has the authority to override this.

English said:

Cayman Airways won't take jumpseaters from the US unless you talk to the captain directly. Gate agents and ops personnel automatically say no, but the captain has the authority to override this.

I can't comment on their policy after 9/11, but last summer I jump seated to Grand Cayman. Got down on Delta from ATL and returned on Grand Cayman Airways to Houston with zero problems.

Since after the sept 11, i've never get to the jump seat...
Neither did i get visitations to the cockpits as often as before, just only for a few rare moments... :mad:

How did you guyz manage to it? what swwet talks ya used to buy those pilots over into letting you to it? Tips?

VIcar

Latest resources

Back