• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseat to Cancun?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've done it on Frontier, pretty straight forward.. I had to pay the taxes in cash when I left Cancun and they had to call to Denver (or some ticket office) to get me listed right and everything... Make sure you call and list ahead of time and just show up a little early and you'll be good to go.

I did it on us airways back in may. jumpseated, payed taxes for round trip before leaving us, get a paper ticket of your retern listing for your trip home so you have some sort of documentation before you blast off into another country. enjoy man, that place is too much fun.

Anybody try Sprit out of FLL ? I'm going on Dec 28 (Thurs) and returning on Dec 30 (Sat)...

I would like to go on Delta out of ATL but unsure of their jumpseat process.. I guess just get there early .. hope for an open seat.. have passport in hand ? Any good tips guys.... virgin international js'er... Uno Cervesa Por Pa Vor ?

Can you pay the 'taxes' at the gate.. or must one attend the tix counter ?

For Delta, go to the customer service counter in the international terminal, they will have you pay your taxes, and give you a paper ticket/receipt with "JSA" on it. Then go to the gate for check-in. They will give you trouble at the gate if you show up without paying the taxes first at the international service counter. (Do not check-in outside of security, they do not know how to handle jumpseaters intl'). Hope this helps. I went down to CUN on USA3000, easy again. Came back on Ryan (Funjet). I would recommend this, as I paid nothing on Ryan, and was treated like royalty (pre-boarded while they were still doing the aircraft security sweep!). Charter is the way to go, it's just figuring out their schedules which is a pain in the butt. Good luck and have a blast in CUN!

Thanks !!.. But just one question.. It is my understanding, that I should wear the polyester,stripes, and brass to get through security in CUN ? Then check in at the departure gate ? (and make sure I have an itineray preprinted ?)

Thanks in advance man ..!! I really appreciate it.. virgin intl jseater...

No need to wear the mokney suit to the airport in CUN. I went last may with some friends and wore slacks and a nice shirt, and crew id was all I needed. Went to the US Airways ticket counter, asked to jumpseat, they knew what I meant...I had already paid my taxes in the us prior to leaving (you can always get a refund) then went through security with the standby pass got on, said hi to the pilots, sat down in first class at the direction of the flight attendant. Easy.

Jumpseating Int'l anywhere....leaving the U.S. you can check in at the gate (they won't know how to do it at the ticket counter). Leaving any country coming back to the U.S. - check in at the ticket counter or else you cannot get through customs leaving wherever you are. Good Luck -

Latest resources

Back