jumpseat to belize

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aerobat21

anyone do this?, if there is a seat in the back can i have it if we have a jumpseat agreement? or id90/zed a better idea? thanks for the info...

I have hitched a ride to BZE on Continental from IAH. Obviously you can't ride in the cockpit but if your airline has an agreement you can ride in the back. Once you get there go to the Tropic Air ticket counter and tell them you are a pilot and show your ID. Most of the time they will give you a nice discount and sometimes they will even let you jumpseat. Please be very nice to the Tropic folks since there is no real policy and they could stop at any time. Enjoy your trip. The diving is great down there!

I did an ID-90 on CO from IAH to Belize City about five years ago. In fact if you are at least a month out you could find a good deal on a full fare ticket and not sweat the loads. I’m pretty sure the TSA restriction on international jump seats is still in effect.

Good food, cheap beer and fantastic diving…you’re going to have a blast!

hey thanks for the info guys!, spur of the moment thing here. going to go visit some friends that are going to be down there for a couple weeks. I am planning on just shooting down there next sunday for 2 nights, then back to the grind up in the states again.... yea more interested in the CAL jumpseat deal. I assume i have to pay some taxes? is there a CAL jumpseat line/list number to get some more deets? thanks again

ok update for anyone that is looking for this info in the future.....

CAL, was great out of IAD, tons of seats, tropic air hooked me up both ways for free. Like other people said, just be real nice because there is no js agreement with these guys. I also brought 2 boxes of gadiva chocolates and gave the counter girls these when I checked in. Have fun.

it was jumpseat on cal (in the back) cost nothing going down and up. $39 tax on the way back

Peeps were nice down there, not allot of crime (on the islands) crazy good diving, saw a eel about the size of a bus. belikan=good beer

Last edited:
belikan=good beer

man you need to drink some better beer.

Belikan=anti-freeze. Its horrid horrid stuff.

Latest resources

Back