Jumpseat on UA out of Saigon (Vietnam)

altimaklr

Total Time
I've had trouble jumpseating on UA from overseas in Asia.. The agents in Bangkok and Tokyo didn't even comprehend the idea of offline jumpseating. Has anyone tried leaving on them from Vietnam?

SYX328

Somewhere in the Air
Total Time
Alot
In Asia there is no such thing as a jumpseat. Therefore it is impossible to attempt on any carrier in and out of Asia.

MEXICANFLYBOY

Total Time
That's untrue, I've done it before on Northwest, Polar, and Delta, and United FROM the USA.

my buddy did jumpseat from SEA to Vietnam he is a Frontier pilot... he stated that he was on uniform! maybe it helps when you wear it.

I haven't try that yet, but when I do, I will report back

dingo222

Total Time
.4 lol
jumpseating from the US is totally different that to the US. Change the terminology and say non rev, or OMC. WOrst case, find the crew as they enter the airport. I stood at heathrow for hours on time trying to explain jumpseating. I got frustrated and said OMC and she said, "why didn't you say so"

good luck

NEDude

yada yada yada
Total Time
6000+
Used United from ORD-HKG-SIN-HKG last july no problem. The only issue I had was full flights out of HKG back to the USA, ended up using Polar/Atlas for the last segment. Listed using the UAL non-rev listing hotline and used the OMC terminology to the agents in HKG and SIN and they knew exactly what it was. I was in uniform as well and that might have helped.