Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beechnut

Ndugu's Foster Dad
I will be trying to catch a ride home on SWA out of EWR. I'll be there several hours before the flight.

Can I request the jumpseat from the ticket counter or do I have to wait at the gate to check in an hour before the flight? Is there a customer service counter that will check me in? Do I need to list to jump on SWA?

Thanks,

S.

Don't need to list. Just go straight to the gate and sign up for the Jumpseat. First come, first served. They aren't supposed to let you sign up until an hour prior, but depending on who you get they may let you sign up earlier than that.

I don't think you can sign up at the ticket counter or the customer service counter. The gate agent has the list.

The SWA jumpseat is 1st come 1st serve but that is within your priority. SWA pilots have the highest Space Available priority, then comes SWA Dispatchers and Flight Ops personnel, then other SWA authorized personnel (primarily mechanics and Station Managers), then AirTran Pilots and Dispatchers, then finally other airline pilots and dispatchers.

I don't think you can sign up at the ticket counter or the customer service counter. The gate agent has the list.

We don't have gate agents. All you do is show up talk to the customer service agents. It's easy. Laid back.

1 hour prior, but a line may form earlier of JSers. I don't think you'd have a problem out of EWR.

Most gate agents I've dealt with recently requested I list via phone. Heres the number they gave (866) 359-7967. 2 jumpseats is nice and twice I've had southwest pilots take the FA 4th jumpseat to get me on.

The EWR SWA folks ROCK! I commuted on them a couple weeks ago, hustled from Terminal C, sweating and not yet listed. They were very cool and gracious, listed me and I was on my way in 2 minutes, door closed after me. They're attitude was *GREAT* and should be a model for others. Thanks.

Nice, too hear that, Snaab. That is the usual experience and I'm glad that it was extended to you. While they prefer you to list ahead of time via the non-rev number (it saves them from having to type your info in manually), most agents are sympathetic to last-minute runners.

Latest resources

Back