• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseat on FDX or UPS? Yes?..No?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UPS does allow CASS jumpseaters. I don't want to put the phone number on a public forum, so ask your jumpseat coordinator, ALPA website (if you are ALPA), etc to get the phone number.

The only thing that I'm not sure of is if your picture needs to be in the database so it can be pulled up by company personnel.

Welcome aboard!

Fedex

All CASS airlines need specific Fedex approval- so just being CASS doesn't mean you are in. Bold carriers can ride on Fedex- see notes below.

ABX Air (GB) Air Wisconsin (ZW)@ Alaska Air (AS)@ Allegiant Air (G4) Aloha (AQ) America West (HP)@ American (AA) American Eagle (AA) ASTAR Air Cargo (ER) ATA Airlines (TZ)# Atlas (5Y) Comair (OH)* Continental (CO) Delta (DL)@ Executive (AA) - American Eagle SJU Operation Express Jet/Continental Express (XE)* FedEx (FX) Frontier (F9) Hawaiian (HA) Horizon Air (QX)@ JetBlue (B6) Kitty Hawk (KR)# Mesaba (XJ) Midwest (YX) Northwest (NW) Piedmont Airlines (US)@ Pinnacle (9E) Polar Air Cargo (PO) PSA Airlines (US)@ Skyway Airlines/Midwest Connect (YX)# SkyWest (OO) Southwest (WN) Spirit Airlines (NK)* United (UA) UPS Airlines (5X) US Airways (US)@ USA Jet Airlines (JUS)# Xtra Airways (XP)#

BOLD - Full CASS jumpseat access and full reciprocation at FedEx
@ - Non-Digital Photo compliant; must be compliant by September 2006; you must ride in cabin
# - Company has been advised; full CASS capability is pending
* - FDX ALPA has not been notified by this carrier though they are CASS compliant

Pre-Register for FedEx J/S

Also - You HAVE to call FedEx JumpSeat Administration and "pre-register" at least 24 hours in advance of your first ride on FedEx. You only need to do this once. Believe it or not, even WE had to do this for "personal" category jumpseats (vice commuting status). Again, the number is available through the ALPA web site.

1800 RVR said:
UPS does allow CASS jumpseaters. I don't want to put the phone number on a public forum, so ask your jumpseat coordinator, ALPA website (if you are ALPA), etc to get the phone number.

The only thing that I'm not sure of is if your picture needs to be in the database so it can be pulled up by company personnel.

Welcome aboard!

actually until the fall, it doesn't have to be. That is why there is the requirement to have a passport. All airlines (delta and AK for example) are not equipt to handle pictures. In september they will be mandatory

Thanks 767pilot!

I didn't know if we had the same requirement as FedEx does, where only CASS airlines that have the digital picture in the database are currently allowed to jump on them.

bman said:
When are you guys gonna open up the jumpseat for international flights?

They are already open, just not to you <G>

The issue isn't with us, it is with the TSA. CASS is domestic only and with no cockpit doors, the whole plane is our cockpit. I wish it weren't so.

Also - Int'l FDX j/s - requires 48 hours advance booking for us too - or we don't ride. Gotta love TSA!

767pilot said:
They are already open, just not to you <G>

The issue isn't with us, it is with the TSA. CASS is domestic only and with no cockpit doors, the whole plane is our cockpit. I wish it weren't so.

Hey the same thing applies at Atlas and we can take all J/S Int'l. I was just wondering if that will change.

It certainly can be done! Its just a matter of will. It certainly would be of great help to many of us at Atlas STN based guys!

Latest resources

Back