Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Capt TedStriker

Roger.Roger. Over.Over
I will jumpseat (as an offline crewmember) on mainline Delta this weekend.... Anyone know how the jumpseats work since 9/11....

Do they only allow two (or one???) "jumpseaters" or does DAL open all the seats until the back is filled.....

Any recommendations on getting listed... Priority, check in, etc etc

Thanks in advance....

I just used DAL to go SLC-ANC two days ago and had no problem. In fact they were generous enough to put my sorry a$$ in first. It is pretty much back to the way it was pre 9/11 if you overlook the additional security (if you can call it that - do whatever you can to NOT SET OFF THE DETECTOR) and our present inability to occupy a cockpit jumpseat. I would advise you to check the loads on DAL's web site for the flight you are looking at (wish all airlines would let us do that). The official policy at Delta right now is only as many jumpseaters as there are jumpseats and offline has to ride in back. I dont know of any way to list in advance (only DAL pilots can do this I think) so just show up at the gate and be polite. My personal advice is for you to travel in uniform (makes security checkpoints easier) but you can stay in business casual again if you so desire. Good luck!

Twotter76

Latest resources

Back