Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T

tyler24

Im looking to Jumpseat from YUL to ATL on delta or YUL-ORD with united on the 15th. What do i need to do to list and avoid any delays when i get to the airport? I do not have travel benenfits on either DAL or UAL.

you can't occupy the jumpseat on int'l, however as long as you can get the gate agents to verify your employment, you should be ok to go.

you can't occupy the jumpseat on int'l, however as long as you can get the gate agents to verify your employment, you should be ok to go.

Yeah, that.

As long as you don't need to occupy the actual AND can find an agent who knows what they're doing you should be good to go. Done it before on US carriers with success. Many us airlines also have agreements with Air Canada.

ive been in the actual from ORD a couple of times,,,no prob,(UX)
make sure to check out the travelnet if you go from yul to atl...believe it or not there a good bunch of delta employees that commute.
i got bumped off and pit was a nice way to get back state side on republics usair express side.\
eagle is pretty tough.
air canada to ord is usually open.
im from YUl, so if you have any questions just pm me.
good luck

It has been awhile since I jumpseated from Canada, but the majority of the time I had to pay the taxes. Might be something to look into so your're not caught with a last minute expense.

I just jumpseated on NW from YUL to DTW. I don't have NW benefits. I showed up at the ticket counter just shy of 2 hours prior to departure. Told the guy what I wanted to to, he listed me and printed me a boarding pass (this is key). The taxes were something like $42. I went through customs and since I was alone he asked me if I was flying the flight. I said no and he then asked to see my boarding pass and I was on my way. Pretty easy. Get there early to list (it took a while) so that you aren't holding up a huge line of paying pax trying to check in.

Most junior DL agent is around 15 years (until they're outsourced on May 1!)...you'll have no problem getting listed with them. Just show up 1.5-2 hours before the flight. Of the 3 flights that day, the 1st is the fullest, and the other two have about 10% of the seats left. Good luck!

Last edited:
i got back yesterday and for those interested when i first got there(about two hours early) the delta agents gave me the bullsnot of listing 72 hours ahead of time. I have never heard of this and i dont even know how you would list for jumpseat 72 hours in advance. Anyways after some lying that i had called to list and they told me just to show up to the gate they were able to suddenly list me but charged me $29.25. Anyways i got home way earlier than i was supposed too so it doesnt matter.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back