Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

brokedash

Member of the DX A-Team
If a pilot seeking a ride in a cabin seat came onboard and asked premission for a ride and did not have a jumpseat form, but had valid crew ID and was in CASS, and the PIC confirmed with ops, would you allow him on?

I am asking because of a situation that was brought to my attention recently.

Thanks

If a pilot seeking a ride in a cabin seat came onboard and asked premission for a ride and did not have a jumpseat form, but had valid crew ID and was in CASS, and the PIC confirmed with ops, would you allow him on?

I am asking because of a situation that was brought to my attention recently.

Thanks

Without the Captain's Copy of the CASS form, no. But that is our company procedure outlined in our ops manual.

But this (asking on an Internet forum) is the incorrect method of handling this. You should be discussing this with YOUR Jumpseat coordinator with the pertinent details.

Filejw, true on no CASS to ride in the back.

Puppy, this isn't directly involving me. I'm asking based on a first hand account that I was told.

Technically CASS is not required to ride in the back but in reality, no CASS, no ride. I just returned from as extended medical leave where I was removed from CASS but still retained my employment. Could not get a cabin jumpseat from anyone!

If a pilot seeking a ride in a cabin seat came onboard and asked premission for a ride and did not have a jumpseat form, but had valid crew ID and was in CASS, and the PIC confirmed with ops, would you allow him on? ....

I'd just follow the company procedure...

If the form is required, no ride.

If the form not required, welcome aboard.

Just follow the policy.

Simple.

Well, the guy had to get past the gate agent somehow. On the other hand, you never know when TSA is out playing games...

FWIW, i just rode in the back on AT without CASS. Had to get the Cpt to OK it, as the gate agent had no clue how to handle a non CASS participant.

If you are requesting to "jumpseat" regardless if in the actual or in the back, you must be cleared through the cass system.

Latest resources

Back