Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Future SNA

KILL
I'm currently a 135 pilot based out of Hays, KS, and will be needing a one way ride out to Denver in the near future. What are the chances one of the Lakes Captains out there will let me ride along? The ticket counter folks don't care either way, they said plain and simple it's up to the Captain. I've known lots of people who have flown for/with/currently at Lakes, and they all say no problem, anyone have any advice? Kind of funny, the Air Midwest crew out their that fly's to KC is using my apartment as a crash pad, they said I could go to KC with them anytime, but I'd have to get passed the "friendly" gate lady, fat chance.....literally. I'll have to schmooze with the Lakers next week, my schedule is opposite of theirs, so I never see them. HELP!

Dont know about 135 but I work for a 121 airline that no one has ever heard of (outside of Alaska) and they let me ride without a second thought. Really nice guys. Problem I ran into was I jumped into SAF and then all the flights were full on the way out, had to drive to ABQ to get home. They seem (at least the guys that I flew with) pretty cool about it. I'd give it a shot if I were you just ask to see the captain right away if you cant talk some sense into the gate agent. Good luck!

Buy a ticket you cheap bastard!!!!! After 9/11 if your not on their list they will be taking a big risk just to let your cheap a$$ ride.

We have jumpseaters all the time from all airlines, and as long as you are friendly and courteious, you'll probably get on. We've had a couple guys from I think net jets jumpseat and we allowed them to come along eventhough they weren't on our list. There are some captains out there who may not allow it, but most will.

c-ya

Jumping on us

We have no approved list for jumpseaters. We allow ANY 121 or 135 pilots to jumpseat on our airplanes with proper identification, of course. Be ready to show your certificate and medical. I don't know any captain at Lakes who wouldn't let you on. Like Cornelius said, just be curtious and ASK the captain if you can ride along. Also, don't forget to introduce yourself to the first officer. The only time I actually considered throwing someone off my airplane was when a Continental captain figured that asking the agents was good enough and didn't even bother to introduce himself to me. We had a few words about that one.

......Hays, Kansas.... haven't been there in a while...or Great Bend for that matter. Also, pilots never BUY tickets!!

-Menace:eek:

Great Bend

We haven't served Great Bend in years (over 2 at least), and if your nice to a lakes crew and are a 135 pilot with ID and your license your good to go.

Latest resources

Back