• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jump Seating to Bases as a New Hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Live where you wife's career will be maximized, mitigated by a few factors: ie, keep it a one leg commute, online, at least three flights a day to base.

You keep her happy, and she'll be the primary breadwinner.

what is said above is right, sometimes commuting is ok, sometimes it blows. if i could give you a little insight: make sure she/he knows what to expect... and then she cant complain to much. im young and have only been doing it for 8 months, but she was well aware of what was going to be coming. you cant have a real needy wife, it wont work, you need someone that is fairly independent. you have to make the best of your time at home. if you go to a company with not a lot of movement, make her aware that you might be on reserve for up to or over a year, and yo ass has to sit away from home 5-6 days a week and then you only get 1-3 days at home depending if you have to commute and are on say an AM reserve. stick with a city that your airline has service to... dont ask in an interview if they have a commuter clause, but check to see if they do some other way through a friend or something of that nature. i have had to call in once for the commuter clause and crew scheduling worked with me and pushed my showtime back 30 mins so i would make it. DONT LIE TO THEM, be courtious and it will work. good luck!

Latest resources

Back