• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

July "Brown Out" aka 1800RVR Commemorative Post

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did they give you a conditional offer of employment based upon the succesful completetion of your med. and background checks?

Yes that's exactly what he said..I will keep you guys informed

Tailwinds..

You're very lucky!

Jetlaggy,

Sounds like you are in. The med is very easy. You can do a search; we've discussed this at length. Count your blessings - there are some great guys that are still swimming. Congrats and good luck.

Renaming

Jetlaggy said:
Hey new guy here..thought i would give out some info for the poolies. I am not sure if i am a poolie or not. I interviewed mid June and got a call for the physical today (I am going to do it tomorrow). Never received a letter or any communication before the call today. Didnt get offered a pending class date either. Is this going to be a new type of "after physical" pool or has this happened to others also?

From this moment on you will no longer be referred to as Jetlaggy. You will simply be known as THE CHOSEN ONE.

Welcome, Good luck and congrats..

Hawg

Now, back to the war..

I've read a few comments on the IPA's message board (NOT public) about sponsors checking on the status of poolies with HR. When asked how it is looking for "so and so", the HR person said her computer crashed and that person had been (unknown to her) dropped from the list completely (very reassuring, huh?). Bottom line, several people got the call for class a few days after one of their sponsors did some checking. I'd recommend anyone swimming in this lame pool thing do the same. Based on years of experience here ... I would not have blind faith that UPS is "on top" of everything. Your name/data could possibly have been dropped and seniority numbers lost due to an "oversight". It's hard enough to get a major airline job ... let alone some clerical/computer error torpedoing your career prospect.

Best wishes to all ... it has got to be an agonizing wait.

BBB

LittleLearBoy said:
BBB,

When was this computer crash? Do you think it would be better for the sponer to call or the poolie??

LLB

Here's one of the quotes from the board:

<<I did the same thing a while back. Stopped by HR and found that my buddy's
information had been lost in a recent computer crash.

He updated it again and he was hired shortly after.>>

I don't have any more information than this ... sorry. Trust me ... current UPS pilots are just as frustrated with this pool thing as you are. One of the first things you'll learn about UPS is that truckers are in charge and absent any contractual provision for a line pilot to be involved we're excluded from improving the process. (Another nuance to consider is the current state of acrimony that exists between union pilots and management as a result of the contract negotiations/threat of strike. With several mass mailings to UPS's largest customers informing them of the deteriorating state of labor negotiations ... well, it's safe to say the company is not tickled pink with its pilots right now ... oh darn.)

My inclination would be to have your sponsor make the inquiry first. When it comes to dealing with airline hiring people, unfortunately there seems to be a fine line between eagerness to begin your career and being a pest. Ask your sponsor what he/she recommends. I've called HR inquiring about a poolie before and they were forthcoming with information when I explained the circumstances in that poolie's life.

Good luck,

BBB

Thanks for the Congrats everyone!! I did the medical yesterday..no probs ..except the flights there and back. I havent flown domestic commercial airlines in a long time... what choas!! I am over 35 and did not get the "greasy finger" altho i did have a cigarette ready just in case. I did get have the family jewels handled and managed to cough. Almost felt cheated hehe Doc told me i passed before I left so I guess I will just keep checking the cell everyday since I now have to leave for my overseas TDY. Will let yall know.

Tailwinds

BTW there were 5 other UPS guys/gals on the list for medical yesterday. No way to tell if they were 25 July class leftovers or if they were new pilots for a Aug class.

Latest resources

Back