Judge Grants Mesaba Extension

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SEVEN

Once again the Judge granted another extension in the XJ 1113 Motion. The new deadline is May 18th (yeah right). Why don't they just set it for sometime in 2009?

So how's the attrition been lately? I read the article in the Strib that talked about all of the people leaving. Any idea how many non-furlouged pilots are on the seniority list?

My temp job ends soon, so I've been hoping for any kind of news at this point.

SEVEN said:
Once again the Judge granted another extension in the XJ 1113 Motion. The new deadline is May 18th (yeah right). Why don't they just set it for sometime in 2009?

That is the thing about this whole northwest thing that just drives me crazy. It is taking forever and people are trying to plan for the future but it just keeps getting delayed. You know mesaba is going to strike some last minute deal, and then they will have to take it on the road show, and then the pilots will have to vote on it which will take even more time.

Meanwhile NWA lost 1.1 billion in the first quarter of this year (most of that being bankruptcy cost.

It kills me how they get away with this crap.

Northern Lights said:
So how's the attrition been lately? I read the article in the Strib that talked about all of the people leaving. Any idea how many non-furlouged pilots are on the seniority list?

My temp job ends soon, so I've been hoping for any kind of news at this point.

The last seniority list is about 2 months old and I bet things have changed a lot since then. It would be nice to have a new one soon.

gnx99 said:
That's more time with our current pay. :)

Yeah, it's more time with current pay if you're not furloughed and collecting unemployment. For those of us that have already been direcly affected, these delays are costing us way more than an 8-10% pay cut that will come to everyone eventually.

SEVEN said:
Yeah, it's more time with current pay if you're not furloughed and collecting unemployment. For those of us that have already been direcly affected, these delays are costing us way more than an 8-10% pay cut that will come to everyone eventually.

Very true

8-10% pay cut? Not going to happen. Talk to anyone on the MEC, or Negotiating Committee. Hope you get to come back, or better yet, find a better company to fly for.

gnx99 said:
That's more time with our current pay. :)

No its not.

Many months after the bankruptcy at Piedmont we took our concessions. And they were retroactive to the bankruptcy date. For the next whole year money was deducted out of our paychecks to pay the company back for what they had over paid us.

PropPiedmont said:
No its not.

Many months after the bankruptcy at Piedmont we took our concessions. And they were retroactive to the bankruptcy date. For the next whole year money was deducted out of our paychecks to pay the company back for what they had over paid us.

That is only if you agree to back-concessions.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back