Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
350DRIVER said:
I think the nail in the coffin was the Southworst invasion into PHL. 3 5 0
Yea, I guess management did nothing wrong. Are you in management? I don't think I have ever read any posts by you that reflect the accepted wisdom of a pilot. Please enlighten me on where you work, and don't change the subject just answer the question. 99% of the posters on this board have no problem saying where they work, and then there are the one per centers like you. Just type and make stupid comments on a anonymous board. I would expect to find that you are 13 and play on your computer.

350DRIVER said:
I think the nail in the coffin was the Southworst invasion into PHL.3 5 0
No jackass, the "invasion" is called Airline Economics 101, there would be no "invasion" had US Airways management been taking care of business since pre 9/11. Nice try.

350DRIVER said:
I recently was introduced to a female Bus captain/check airman who has been with Airways for many years and she just had her first interview with Fed Ex, kind of puts things into perspective. Sad, you work so hard for so many years only to have to start at the bottom of the ladder once again.3 5 0

Kinda puts things into perpective? Please don't tell me this female Bus captain who is now interviewing at Fed-Ex (leaving her dying company and immediately going to one of the most sound companies) is "putting things into perspective." Wake up. You leave Airline A you loose seniority at Airline A. Its been that way for 100 years. Am I missing something? Someone kick me, wake me up. I mean, it HAS been that way right? Why is this "putting it into perspective?"

Please, save your horsesh1t 350Driver, putting down Southwest and trying to teach us your "airline hard knocks 101 lessons." Sorry your LUV interview went wrong and you are sour at the world, but don't blame everyone else

Unfortunately US Airways has had musical chairs-management over the last few years, and corporate HQ has run the company into the ground, at the expense of hard working moms and dads (re: 21% pay cut). They are Ch.11 for the second time around, and burning thru cash. All the "agressive accounting" and other stuff that Harvard MBAs can do to show money on hand is going to stop working in mid-year 2005, when the penny jar is simply out of pennies.

Last edited:
I don't think 350 was bashing SWA at all, he was simply pointing out the fact that when Southwest finally decided to start flying out of PHL it was the beginning of the end of US Airways (or at least the most definate sign up to that point).

And yes it is sad a pilot can spend the vast majority of their career at a single carrier only to loose everything due to the incompetence of management. The fact that it has been going on since the beginning of the industry doesn't make it any less sad. It's a well-known risk that we all accept, but that doesn't lessen the blow any.

Bizarro World

This is like a divorce/custody case where the judge makes all decisions based on what is best for the parents, not the children!

I wish the best for the pilots and their families. And for that matter, all of the workers.

-J

Uh-oh. Before you flame me: No, no, no. Not saying pilots are children in this case, just how Bass-Ackwards the ruling is.

It is sad and no I am not here to defend management. They had a market that never got the depth it needed, was not defendable, and failed to keep costs in line in a high cost part of the world.

I would also though, have to say that this was a dour airline. As a customer, I tried to stay off them. The culture has to have some of the blame in this one. There was nothing that made one want to do business with them.

halfmoon said:
Is this paycut for the WO's also? or just mainline.
As far as we know just mainline. Nothing for MidAtlantic or PDT/PSA. MDA is already pretty much rock bottom and the WO's gave 2 years ago. But you never know. The thing is that we at MDA get to vote on the current TA. How screwed up is that?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back