• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Joint ASA/XJT MEC meeting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I haven't really been following the BS going on in the negotiations, but how is it that XJET side has gone from "we'll never give up line bidding", to "we'll only take this PBS system"?

All that time wasted over stubbornness to give up line bidding, and now more time wasted over which PBS system you'll actually use, after all! This could all have been wrapped up a year ago, and we wouldn't be dealing with the fallout from AE and Fagship.

Comical if it didn't affect my livelihood so much.

It's called compromise. One side did and the other hasn't move at all from their original position. That's why it's called negotiations. It's a give and take.

Nevets....you keep saying compromise.

We shouldn't be compromising WITH EACH OTHER!!! JUST WITH THE COMPANY

Because the LXJET compromised by letting go of line bidding with the company, it doesn't mean it is LASA pilots turn to "compromise" and "give something up" that is ASININE!! Where are you getting this ridiculous theory???

So lets just say that we told the company that we didn't want health care insurance anymore to get on board to save money. Should we then expect LXJET pilots to give up say....401K match since we "compomised" with the company?? Dont you agree that would be insane? Wouldn't it be YOUR TURN to compromise? WE did now it's your turn......right????

So why should LASA pilots give up something we fought HARD for just because you guys compromised to the company???

We aren't negotiating with each other....We are supposed to negotiate with the company!!!

Agreed, but a while back it was the the ERJ side needed to "get onboard" and compromise with the CRJ side.

Because the LXJET compromised by letting go of line bidding with the company, it doesn't mean it is LASA pilots turn to "compromise" and "give something up" that is ASININE!! Where are you getting this ridiculous theory???

Agree AGAIN, but see above.

So lets just say that we told the company that we didn't want health care insurance anymore to get on board to save money. Should we then expect LXJET pilots to give up say....401K match since we "compomised" with the company?? Dont you agree that would be insane? Wouldn't it be YOUR TURN to compromise? WE did now it's your turn......right????

Again, agree. Again, see above. There was a time when CRJ people told ERJ people that the ERJ CBA in current form wasn't realistic, "cost competitive", or whatever else you can think of. And that they'd have to "get onboard" and learn to work with management.

We aren't negotiating with each other....We are supposed to negotiate with the company!!!

AGAIN, AGREE. TFAYD........

OK so some ASA pilots told some of your guys you need to "get on board".

So are you saying you are doing that and now WE need to give something up? so lets just say we do and give up PBS and then give up sick time too....wouldn't it then be your turn? What would you be willing to give up? Just because somebody in one group compromises, doesnt mean the other is supposed to. the company would just love that.

LEt me be clear....I DONT WANT YOU GUYS TO GIVE ANYTHING IN YOUR CONTRACT UP. Just ridiculous 20% payraises we kept hearing about. When you heard people say "get on board" THAT was what they were talking about....the payraise issue.

Now you "compromise" with a horrible untried PBS system and sit back and ask what we are gonna give up. .....hmmmmm I dont know maybe AIR CONDITIONING????

WOW brilliant negotiating skills...we are so screwed.

Last edited:
OK so some ASA pilots told some of your guys you need to "get on board".

So are you saying you are doing that and now WE need to give something up? so lets just say we do and give up PBS and then give up sick time too....wouldn't it then be your turn? What would you be willing to give up? Just because somebody in one group compromises, doesnt mean the other is supposed to. th company would just love that

WOW brilliant negotiating skills...we are so screwed.

Nope, that's NOT what I said. I usually like your posts, as well as Centralpilot's because they're the most rational/level headed from from the CRJ side. So don't get your panties twisted by misreading what I'm saying.

I'm merely pointing out the round and round/stupidity/circlejerk-ness this has all become. As well as how it was expected that the ERJ side should just bow down and have to surrender.

Surrender to what? ASA pilots? You act like you extended a hand to us and we slapped it away.

You extended it to the company and surrendered your line bidding demand to the company. you then turned to the ASA pilots and said YOUR TURN????

Surrender to what? ASA pilots?

Well, with all due respect, yes. There was that mentality that the ERJ side should surrender to the CRJ side. After all, there were some that feel they "saved" ExpressJet singlehandedly. You know, because those CRJ pilots PERSONALLY wrote the check and all, Jerry had NOTHING to do with it.

You act like you extended a hand to us and we slapped it away.

You extended it to the company and surrendered your line bidding demand to the company. you then turned to the ASA pilots and said YOUR TURN????

AGAIN, you're misreading.

And I'm not sure where YOU'RE getting all this childish personalization from. I didn't 'surrender ANYTHING and I'm NOT on the JNC.

I just want whats BEST for BOTH pilot groups when this is all said and done, although hopefully I'm LONG gone before it even happens.

Whether it's smartperf, flightline, or Joe Sh1t the ragman's PBS software.

Last edited:
Surrender to the CRJ side........

thats funny

replace all the you's you bolded with "your elected representatives and the majority of your pilot group I have run into, both in person and online"

Better?

We are our own worst enemy

So why should LASA pilots give up something we fought HARD for just because you guys compromised to the company???

Actually, the MECs have negotiated with each other and probably compromised as well. Or did you not get the JNC emails depicting in color code which sections of the contract the MECs have agreed to to negotiate with the company? The JNC and MECs had to agree on what to negotiate for. things like vacation and sick accrual, 401k matching, B fund, healthcare premium caps, etc. They need to agree on all these things before negotiating with management. The only thing the MECs have not agreed upon is which bidding system to use. So you are wrong! So yes, they do negotiate with each other.

We kept hearing that line bidding is NEVER going to happen because you guys have PBS and the company doesn't want line bidding. And despite the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of line pilots LOVING our line bidding, our MEC COMPROMISED by agreeing to PBS.

And now we find ourselves where the ASA MEC has not moved one micron from their original position and in fact has held up the merger by issuing their ultimatum to management over their intransigence.

Keep complaining guys. My point is that you are complaining to the wrong side.

Now get on board!;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back