John Travolta Joins Bombardier Team as a Business Aircraft Brand Ambassador

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aerodriver69

http://www.aerospace.bombardier.com...press-releases/details?docID=0901260d801a02f9

Very impressive article and praise for Mr. Travolta on his many accomplishments, and all the aircraft he is qualified to fly.........

With all his years of aviation experience you would think that he would hold more than just a Private Pilot certificate. Check out his current pilot record on the FAA.gov website.

I wonder who gets to baby-sit him in the airplane.

FAA Registry
Name Inquiry Results

JOHN JOSEPH TRAVOLTA

Address
Street 801 N BRAND BLVD STE 665
City GLENDALE
State
CA
County
LOS ANGELES
Zip Code 91203-1276
Country
USA

Medical
Medical Class: First
Medical Date: 8/2009

Certificates
1 of 1

DOI:6/5/2011
Certificate:PRIVATE PILOT
Rating(s):
PRIVATE PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND, AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

Type Ratings
P/B-707, P/B-720, P/CE-500, P/CL-600, P/EA-500S, P/G-1159, P/HS-125, P/LR-JET

Limits
ENGLISH PROFICIENT.
AUTHORIZED EXPERIMENTAL AIRCRAFT: SO-G2.
B-707 SIC PRIVILEGES ONLY.
CE-500 (VFR ONLY).

You think they'll give him an uniform too?

Ugh, that guy just irritates the piss out of me.

You don't get to put "Profession: Pilot" under your name unless you've earned it. I was in a school play once, but you don't see me putting "Actor" on my business card. :rolleyes:

Ugh, that guy just irritates the piss out of me.

You don't get to put "Profession: Pilot" under your name unless you've earned it. I was in a school play once, but you don't see me putting "Actor" on my business card. :rolleyes:

The guy loves and is passionate about aviation - that's great! Aviation needs ambassadors whether you like them or not... Vocation, avocation... either way, JJT is doing what I am sure many of us would love to do. In addition, you will probably see another type rating or two added to his ticket in the near future as well. But feel free to ruminate on that irritation... Envy is a terrible thing to waste...

Not envious in the slightest. I'm glad he's passionate about aviation, but playing dress-up in an airline captain's uniform insults those of us who actually earned it.

There are plenty of celebrity pilots who enjoy aviation without the charade. Harrison Ford, Morgan Freeman, the late Sydney Pollack, and others.

But hey, keep seeing it as jealousy on my part. I see it as doüchebaggery on his.

Not envious in the slightest. I'm glad he's passionate about aviation, but playing dress-up in an airline captain's uniform insults those of us who actually earned it.

There are plenty of celebrity pilots who enjoy aviation without the charade. Harrison Ford, Morgan Freeman, the late Sydney Pollack, and others.

But hey, keep seeing it as jealousy on my part. I see it as doüchebaggery on his.

EARNED it?...INSULTS you?....oh boy.

earned as in passed a regional/fractional interview and passed FlightSafety?

Not saying every single primate on the planet can accomplish this, but you might be taking this a bit too far...

;)

Call it "dooshbaggery" if you want, but as others have said....business aviation usuge can use all the cheerleaders it can get. Every chance that clown gets he seems to stress that he couldnt live his life or run his businesses without his planes.

Latest resources

Back