• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jobs in WI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doesn't sound like a career place...seniority doesn't merit a better schedule. High reqs...mediocre pay...and you still get the chance to work 20 straight days in a row.

I know somebody that is a Lear 31 Captain there and I can tell you that the pay at least for a LJ 31 CA is not mediocre. As for the schedule, if they are doing 9 on and 5 off or even 11 on and 3 off, well I'm here to tell you that is a lot better than some if not most 135 operators. My biggest problem with them would be living in Janesville, WI. Would be a whole lot better if you could get one of their out stations.

I know somebody that is a Lear 31 Captain there and I can tell you that the pay at least for a LJ 31 CA is not mediocre. As for the schedule, if they are doing 9 on and 5 off or even 11 on and 3 off, well I'm here to tell you that is a lot better than some if not most 135 operators. My biggest problem with them would be living in Janesville, WI. Would be a whole lot better if you could get one of their out stations.
Well, I will stand by my statement on the pay. Not arguing with you, but as you said, you gotta go to within 45 min of Janesville (That right there is worth a pay raise, IMO)

I do not work there, although I have a few friends who do. It sounds like the management leaves something to be desired. What you're told is one thing, what will happen is something different altogether. The phrase "Subject to Change Without Notice" comes to mind...

Saw an ad for West Bend Air - I think a 35 job. Sterling? Well there are better places but if you need something it may be of some help. DB at UGN is similar and is/was looking (ce680).

If you need mke then always look towards ENW UGN and even PWK.

Just a thought.....hope it helps

I don't think they (Sterling) are ALWAYS looking, but I bet every 6 months they need pilots. I have a friend there that they keep busy in a couple of different jets...

Saw this ad on Avcrew:

Gulfstream 200 Captain (WI) 4/25 (job title revised on 5/14/09)

The Flight Operations Captain is responsible for the safe and efficient execution of assigned flights in accordance with all applicable rules, regulations and company procedures. Participates as a member of the flight crew and participates with support duties as assigned. The Flight Operations Captain reports operationally and administratively to the Chief Pilot/Flight Operations Manager. Minimum requirements include:
  • Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate.
  • Current First or Second Class FAA medical.
  • 4,000 hours minimum flight time;
  • 2,500 ME hours with 1,500 PIC hours in multi-engine aircraft;
  • 1,500 turbine hours with 500 PIC hours in multi-engine jet powered aircraft.
Position based in Madison, Wisconsin with a Fortune 400 Company. Ideal candidate will be a strong team player and be customer service driven. Qualified applicants, please complete the online form. (AvCrew is processing the resumes for this position.) (Applicants that previously applied for the Flight Operations Captain position need not re-apply.)

Hi!

Last I heard, Sterling still IS expanding.

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back