• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jobs in KC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have you looked at Central Air Southwest? I hear they pay shat but they fly Twin Commanders outta MKC. Other than that theres not much here in KC as far as pilot jobs. Good luck.

RichardRambone said:
Have you looked at Central Air Southwest? I hear they pay shat but they fly Twin Commanders outta MKC. Other than that theres not much here in KC as far as pilot jobs. Good luck.
Check that. It should read 'not much here in KC as far as OPEN pilot jobs.' KC is humping with flight departments, the jobs are just locked up tight as a playmate's body. The pure tonnage of the networking it would take to get in to one is enough to knock you down.

HawkerF/O said:
Check that. It should read 'not much here in KC as far as OPEN pilot jobs.' KC is humping with flight departments, the jobs are just locked up tight as a playmate's body. The pure tonnage of the networking it would take to get in to one is enough to knock you down.

I agree wholeheartedly. Theres no hope unless you know every pilot in town. And then its right place, right time im sure. Thats how I know I wont be in KC once I reach my 135mins. No jobs.

I'm flying charter in Kansas City right now, and it is a hard town to break into. I got lucky with this job, my old boss got a call from my current chief pilot asking if he knew anybody who'd be interested in working at this company. It was all out of the blue for me.

I've heard that Central Air Southwest wasn't one of the more desirable places to work. Has that image changed in the past couple years?

I've heard mixed reviews on Central Air. I used to flight instruct out of KC before going active duty so I don't know if anything has changed in the area recently. I do know that Flight Options has been looking?

I'm at CAS right now and it's been a good place to be. Get in, do your time, then look around for other jobs. Most runs are 10-12 hours duty time and between 4-6+ hours flight time a night. All planes are equipped the same way: TKS, GPS (VFR), Stormscope, no autopilot, no HSI, no ADF. Got into some nasty ice the other night and that TKS system did great.

I've been treated fairly by the management, but times have been rough in the company lately. We've recently had our first fatality in about 15 years (which appears to be pilot error),and it has hit everyone hard. Some guys got spooked and jumped ship, so we're trying to fill their positions, which means a lot of us KC guys are out filling runs elsewhere. You just need to realize that, at times, certain things will happen and you will be required to go elsewhere to cover a run. When that happens, they have been really good about paying for all of my expenses. Remember that you work for the company, not the other way around. JT and MB are good guys to work for.

The pay is pretty low, but that is changing. Today our new pay scale went into effect! :) I'm not sure how much of an increase it was because I haven't been around the home office for a couple weeks. In addition to the pay raise I guess we will also be getting per diem now, and the 6 month probation period has now been reduced to 4 months. Once we get back up to our full staff (which we're close too with ppl in training now) things will be a lot better.

Overall, if I had to do it all over again, I would still come back to CAS. Good people, good airplanes, good single pilot IFR twin experience. :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back