Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Yudso

Takin' it like a man
I am looking for a flying job around the Phoenix area. Any of you guys/gals know anything. I would be willing to consider stuff around Tuscon or Prescott. Oh yeah, I am still at 1100+100.

There are quite a few pilots here already with no work. Guys with their CFIs or Part 135 mins are having trouble finding jobs, so I'd imagine since you have neither your job search will be even tougher.

Good luck. I grew up in Phoenix, and have never had a flying job there. It's not for lack of trying, or being qualified either. Well, I guess I flew skydivers for awhile, but that wasn't much.

The problem with Phoenix is that everyone wants to live there. The train those Lufthansa boys out at Litchfield because the weather is so good. It's a great place to learn to fly, except that it's difficult to stay instrument current. My suggestion? Be willing to move. It's tough to get a flying job in PHX when things are good, and right now, they're not. I know, I know, you have a girlfriend/wife/significant other there, all your friends are there, parents, I know how that goes. I also had to decide if I wanted the job enough to leave them all. Eventually, when you get an airline job you can commute to work, or work for EJ or one of those guys that lets you live anywhere.

I'm sorry this wasn't the information you were expecting, but it may be what you need. Now, you have a choice to make. Good luck to you.

Latest resources

Back