Jobs in Africa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerjet

Does anybdy have any info on jobs flying in Africa. I remember some threads about Caravans with lions sleeping in the shade underneath wings...... I also recall BE 1900's flying around. Any Info..... Bueller...

Here's one for ya: current in the 737-200 ?

Asia Aviation needs 2 capts + 3 FOs who can start immediately...in Cameroon.
capts...$3500/mo., FOs $2K. Must be current.
email: [email protected]

If you like adventure try finding the UN charter operators in Kenya. They do a fair amount of flying into the war torn regions nearby. I just flew with a guy who was making close to $14,000/month flying a Convair. Mind you, he described how you looked for signs of whether or not the field you were going to had been taken over. They were very cautious of landing if something looked out of place. He mentioned that the UN briefings on safe airports and unsafe ones were way out of date and you had to rely on some very good instincts to survive.

TP

I see that Air Serv Int'l is looking for pilots...Kingair experience preferred, but not req'd. Looks like they've got quite a "See Africa" program going. It doesn't look like a job for the faint of heart. The Feb/05 issue of AOPA mag had an article about an Airserv/PATEC operation.

The website ( www.airserv.org ) makes for some pretty interesting reading. Doesn't look like something for low-timers as the average flight time is 7000 hrs. Some place on the website is a statement about the "...small paychecks...". This job looks more like a labor of love than a way to be financially secure.

This must be an extraordinary bunch of aviators. Anyone here ever work for them ? Wanna tell us about it ?

Latest resources

Back