Job search

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

maverick24

What is the best way to get your resume some attention? Would it be too pushy to show up at the hangar and hand your resume to someone? If not, how would you recommend dressing for a situation like this?

Put a tie on, shine your shoes, shake hands and talk to anybody around. Thats the only way to get a job that I know of. Thats the only way most guys and gals with any time under their belt ever got started. 90% of the people you meet will respect you for it. The other 10% you wouldn't want to work for anyway.

Would it be too pushy to show up at the hangar and hand your resume to someone? If not, how would you recommend dressing for a situation like this?

Not at all. That is EXACTLY how I got my current job (the best job I've ever had). I dressed in business casual (sportcoat but no tie) and rang the doorbell at the hangar. I asked for the CP and we chatted for 10-15 minutes. Long story short...I kept in touch over the next two years and when they had an opening...he called for an interview.

Just remember to ASK if the CP would mind chatting with you when you first meet him/her.

Best of luck! Let us know how it works out.

Treetop

Latest resources

Back