Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wolfpackpilot

Diehard Republican
The internet sites are littered with job opportunities all over India, China, etc. offering employment in 737, 747, A320, E190, etc.

My question:

Where in the world are all these pilots with a type rating and 500 hrs PIC coming from? No one is going to quite a US/European carrier to go fly 5 years in China... right?

I looked into applying and was told no luck. No type, no time in airframe, no interview.

Who has a E190 type rating and 500 hrs PIC and is looking for a job????

Interested minds would like to know.

If you take me for example. I fly for a 121 supp carrier that has been loosing pilots to foriegn airlines like crazy. everyone has there own reasons but for me it is the pay. The contracts pay about 3 times as much as what I am making now. My company pays crap. Most see it as an opportunity to make some money and see a different part of the world for a couple of years and return when the good airlines pick up hiring here. Some that have gone say they will never come back to the U.S. Flying over there is like how flying was in the states in the 50s and 60s. you get treates well and paid what you are worth. I agree it is not for everyone but for those who have gone and liked it is sounds interesting.

Well bud... you'd be surprised what you can do just by showing up.

Now, having said that... who would leave a US carrier to come overseas? I hope nobody. I say everyone should stay in the US and keep the rat race going...

Gentlemen, the US pilots make a very small portion of the ex pat pilot force and these agencies have for decades now been head hunting in Europe, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand and Russia, remember that just like here in the US where only a very small portion of the pilot force has a job with security and seniority enough not to even think about going somewhere else, in those places that I have mentioned the opportunities to land one of those jobs is even more scarce than here in the US, this is why these pilots have always been predominately the pilots working abroad and these agencies engage in "brain drain" from airlines that offer substandard treatment and salaries to those pilots working in their own home countries enticing them with a lot higher wages that they can have at home, this is where they get their pilots from mostly. Another thing that is happening now in the international market is "poaching" of pilots that are already employed abroad, I get at least three emails every week from agencies attempting to do just that (agencies that I have never posted my profile with)

Interesting. I find it surprising that there are enough pilots with a E190 type and PIC time that would go.

Not to say its a great opportunity, I'm just shocked they find these guys. I have flown throughout Asia in the Gulfstream, and was told no dice.

You would think that these commuter guys from Republic would be tripping all over themselves to go to China...

E190 is still a fairly new bird and not too many unemployed pilots flying these things... There is one European operator Baboo that let E-190 pilots out on the street, but that's about it.

Now wolfpack, there are Gulfstream gigs in China as well. Did you look at those?

Now wolfpack, there are Gulfstream gigs in China as well. Did you look at those?

I joined climbto350 last year and I saw 2 jobs in the Corporate sector. Never heard anything back. I keep reading where China is opening up to GA sector, so I've got my eyes and ears tuned in.

If you hear of any leads, pass them on! Much appreciated.

Wolf

PS... I saw the E190 in a VIP configuration over in Paris last December. All I can say is watch out!! That airplane was gorgeous inside and out! If they can find a way to stretch the range on that thing another 700NM, they'll see sales really pick up.

Don't know if it was Embraer demo bird or maybe my former plane, but it has slightly better range than the G-450.

Latest resources

Back