• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Entry Level Co-Pilot (TX) 2/5

FAR 135 Air Carrier and Aircraft Management company is looking for an entry level co-pilot. This is an entry level position and the duties, schedule, and pay are based on this. You will be required to complete FAR 135 training as a SIC in our Westwinds and Jet Commander and do the normal SIC duties. Additional duties will include revising more Jeppesens than you should have to, restocking the aircraft immediately after a flight (even at 3AM) and not telling the Director of Operations how to run the company. For pilots with a good attitude and very good flying skills there is room for advancement to our larger jets. If interested in applying for this position, please fax your resume to Don Wilson, Director of Operations at (713) 644-8823.

Sounds like a fun place. This add doesn't exactly promote much enthusiasm to start out with.....
:D

Couldn't believe me eyes when I first read this one....

I appreciate their sense of humor (contained in the last few sentences) but a Jet Commander? Really? Wow, talk about a Jurrasic Jet!

Yup-

For some reason this wonderful aviation industry attracts a$$holes

Whatcha got to prove, Mr. Don Wilson..?

HEY DON,

I would love to come do your Jepps and restock your Jetcommander at 3am.

H25B -

What are the hiring minimums?
What is the company's name?
Where is it based?
Does it have a website where I can get all this information?

I am definitely interested!

It happens to be Starflite out of HOU. I don't work for them. But I do know Don. Like many of us old timers, his brain is fryed and his sense of humor is wrapped. But you can't say he didn't tell it like it is.

I would like the job but I am an oppinionated arshole and would correct every mistake I see. I would complain about duty time and would refuse to take "orders" such as "do those Jepps cause I don't want to" well, they are YOUR JEPPS!! do em yourself!!

I do like to stock the aircraft, in fact I usually complain about all the other guys who flew the airplane before me that didn't stock the airplane. In my opinion, that is the ultimate sin. I even like to line up all of the soda labels and tabs so they go the same way.

The only way I will take the job is if you promise also to dock my pay $20 for every mistake I make. If you keep a tally on all of my mistakes, add them up during my performance review and subtract that from my pay, you might even be able to dock my pay when I am deserving of a raise!!!

See I have been abused for so long in these entry level jobs that I wont settle for any less!! I am like an abused dog who cant trust anyone that wants to treat me good. I am glad that the economy and aviation is in the state that it is in because D.O.'s are clamping down hard on all the trouble makers out there like me, its getting really bad and I LOVE IT!!

I would love to work for a gentleman like yourself,
please call!!!

I sent my resume in I figured what the heck, I'm sure it will look nice there next to the 300 hundred others just like it. I did however get his sense of humor which I think some of you missed, the line "revising more Jepps than you should have to" was hilarious. You have to put it in context, many of the old corporate guys I've flown with are real characters and that ad fits with my experience, I bet they all had a good laugh over it.

:D

You've got to be kidding me!!! I mean I know the market is bad...but geeesh
On the flip side, I have been offered several jobs but they are all mechanic first, "and if we have a pilot opening 3 years from now we might consider you".
So I guess I'll submit my resume as well. LOL
Good luck to all of you...

Latest resources

Back