Job Offer Descent?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jumppilot03

Hey guys, I am a soon to be furloughed 121 FO, and just received a job offer that I figure I would run by all of you.

135 company in upper midwest that manages 2 part 91 planes as well as having thier own charter department. Offer was as a FO on a c-550 flying 2 days a week, initial training, Simuflight I believe, captain on c-421,414 and 310, KA-200 in future. Descent medical plan, 30K 1 year training contract.

What do you think?

Last edited:
I know it's gotta be a tough decision to make, and I really feel for you. I think if I were in your shoes, I'd probably take it, because if you don't there will be hundreds more right behind you. However, I do have a wife, and kid on the way, to support so that would influence my reasoning. I wouldn't want to risk passing it by and having difficulties finding something else with a furlough looming ahead. :( With that said, it would suck to get into a 1 yr contract with a crummy job! Best of luck with whatever you do!

Do you want to bum around single pilot in Wisconsin in the winter in a twin cessna or for the same money go to Champion and ride along in a 727 with a crew???

Your not gonna make $30k at Champion an an F/E. Not to metion F/E time is worthless.

You're right it's closer to 25K. At least there's an upgrade to look forward to. Right seat in a Citation and a looming promise of King Air captain...Unless there is a guarantee of upgrade, what's the point? I use to work for a company that talked about getting Turbo-props...that was 3 years ago. If I'd have stayed, I'd still be bummin' around in a Piper.

N140CA said:
You're right it's closer to 25K. At least there's an upgrade to look forward to. Right seat in a Citation and a looming promise of King Air captain...Unless there is a guarantee of upgrade, what's the point? I use to work for a company that talked about getting Turbo-props...that was 3 years ago. If I'd have stayed, I'd still be bummin' around in a Piper.

Umm yeah, upgrade...right....I was there almost six years waiting on the upgrade...never got to me. There is a reason ole MG is having to hire and its not from expansion. Not to metion being on 24hr reserve and not knowing where you are gonna be based in 90 days.

If you are used to starving in the regionals what is the difference. As long as pilots prostitute themselves out for such low wages all of our industry will suffer.

iflyabeech said:
If you are used to starving in the regionals what is the difference. As long as pilots prostitute themselves out for such low wages all of our industry will suffer.

I agree with what you're saying, however, it's easy to say that when you have a job. I know I was in his shoes once when we found out my route was going bye-bye and had to find a new job quick. When you have a family to support it's a whole different ball game. It's really tough because no one wants to work (well, okay there are those people, lol) for such low wages, however family comes first so ya gotta do what ya gotta do, IMO. :)

We have all been in that situation.

iflyabeech said:
We have all been in that situation.

How true it is. :(

Latest resources

Back