• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Job interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RADIOS???? WE DONT NEED NO STINKIN RADIOS!!! You mean to tell me that you couldnt see that big bright ass yellow aircraft until you got on SHORT FINAL?? GREAT CEASAR'S GHOST BATMAN, WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO!

Nah, I'm just givin' you sh!t, man. I actually agree with you on the radio call bit. Most of the strips I've worked off of were either grass or dirt private strips, or very rarely used uncontrolled fields. Been on a few gravel section line roads in there as well. But, the times we did work off an airport that had quite a bit of traffic, I did at least use my handheld and call my traffic. But, for the most part, I worry more about the weekend flyers out there with the Cubs and Aeroncas and other antique aircraft, with no radios. I've had closer calls with guys like that than I've EVER had with an ag aircraft.

No worries. I have a lot of respect for most ag pilots. It is a tough job and most of those guys are probably some of the best stick and rudder pilots flying. I just think a few of the things I saw out of Altus were not very professional or safe. The FAR's have guidelines for aircraft operating with out a radio, and I never saw them used. The idea of my dirt strip was here before your airport is a lame arguement when two planes are wadded up in flames.

SS

"The idea of my dirt strip was here before your airport is a lame arguement when two planes are wadded up in flames."

That's exactly right, my friend.

Oh dang. I was hoping for a good fight. I didn't know you guys were gonna cuddle! What a disappointment :yawn:

:smash:

Well, this doesnt mean we're gonna take warm showers together til the wee hours of the morning... Sorry grunt, your avatar made me say that!

agpilot34 said:
Well, this doesnt mean we're gonna take warm showers together til the wee hours of the morning... Sorry grunt, your avatar made me say that!
Yeah, well, Sercret Squirrel says that there's no sunshine in the mens john......... :nuts:

Latest resources

Back