Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fsworld

Hello all,

I got the letter from ASA saying I got the job a few weeks ago. I was just wondering how long its taken people to get a call with a training date after they got the letter? I know they told us to expect June, July at the latest for the training date but its still one of those things that make you antsy.

Zach

If you are waiting on all the background stuff...expect about 3 weeks. You will get a lettter from the FAA saying ASA has requested your records...you should get a call a few days after that.

If you can also call Julie and tell her you are ready to go on short notice if someone no shows. I think they average 2-3 no shows per class.

Congratulations and welcome aboard.

Thanks,

I got the letter from the FAA awhile ago actually. Maybe a week- 2 weeks ago. I was told by someone that they may be waiting on my previous employeers to get back to them though. As for calling Juli. Should I do that? The letters says "dont bother us!" pretty much.

Zach

I don't think she would mind a call saying you could go on short notice, but then again, I don't know her.

After you've passed your checkride, please shorten your "aircraft experience" profile to "CR2 and most Cessnas."

Just giving you a hard time...welcome aboard.

There, already fixed it. I didnt know you people were going to be mean to the newbies. I thought you were just jerks to each other, gesh... JK

fsworld said:
There, already fixed it. I didnt know you people were going to be mean to the newbies. I thought you were just jerks to each other, gesh... JK

If you think this place is entertaining, just wait till you listen to the ops frequency on a good night. A strong repartee gives you a definate advantage.

Congrats and welcome.

Welcome to ASA where every pay chech is like hitting the lottery and every meal is a feast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send an email to the hiring dept explaining your willingness to get on a short call list. I wouldnt call her. Let an intern tell her..!
On another note, sometimes the short call list means like a few hours or 1 day at the most, so make sure you can do that.

fsworld said:

You'll learn to get thick skinned pretty quick dude. Congrats on ASA man. Have alot of buddies there and they used to take my a** home to SPS back in the day.

Rook

I put myself on the short call list when I was hired in 02...

Class stared Nov 4, and I was called at 10 am nov 4th and asked if I could be there by 8 am Nov 5... there were several no shows!

Go for the short call list.. SENORITY IS EVERYTHING... ONE DAY COUNTS... One day can mean the difference between a job and a furlough... One day can mean the difference between being on reserve for 10 years and holding 25 days off a month!

One more time.........ONE DAY COUNTS

Latest resources

Back