JO Decides Code-Shares Are Better Than Flying Empty in HI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mdanno808 said:
A ramper told me today that someone has already written home next to Go on the aircraft, and that there is now a security guard assigned exclusively to the plane.

I heard the same thing from our mechs. I just drove home from a PM and no security tonight. Two HAL rampers on a tug were stalking it out though. I hope they had a molotav in between their seats. :bomb:

islandhopper said:
I heard the same thing from our mechs. I just drove home from a PM and no security tonight. Two HAL rampers on a tug were stalking it out though. I hope they had a molotav in between their seats. :bomb:

I don't understand why you guys are so afraid of a little competition. Is your operation that much of a joke that you are scared $hitless of JO and his 5 CRJs?? Dude if you have to live in fear of Mesa maybe it's time for you to find another career.....

Taco Rocket said:
I don't understand why you guys are so afraid of a little competition. Is your operation that much of a joke that you are scared $hitless of JO and his 5 CRJs?? Dude if you have to live in fear of Mesa maybe it's time for you to find another career.....

Could it be the fact that Mesa is not competing like any other sound minded business on earth? They are almost self admittedly in Hawaii to drive one or both of the other airlines out of business by charging fairs which guarentee financial losses (predatory pricing, seat dumping). This in turn will drive the management of these airlines to say something to the effect of "look what these Mesa guys work for! We need some concessions in order to stay in business" If this cycle starts, and continues, then it is probably a good idea to look for a new career. Each airline which is a decent company to work for that is driven out of business only ensures that you will probably retire an RJ captain for Mesa.

Enough

You know what? Fukc you and Fukc your creepy looking scumbag CEO. You are trivializing over 3000 good jobs in a state where good jobs aren't all that common. You are defending a CEO who has admitted that his business plan will not make money (in fact he bragged that he could post losses for years) and have proven how little you know or care about this industry as a whole. GO airlines is not competition. THEY ARE HERE TO PUT LOTS AND LOTS OF PEOPLE OUT OF WORK!

Taco Rocket said:

Your beloved CEO is out here for the wrong reasons. Us scared $hitless? Hardly... While he loses $$$ on every seat on every flight for the forseeable future with all his startup and training and fuel costs all we have to do is watch our yields. Aloha has the lowest costs of any airline in Hawaii. After exiting bankruptcy, we got our entire inter-island 737 fleet re-financed at prices lower than new Cessna Caravans. Those 737's, while very old, are still the most reliable little hot rods in the sky around Hawaii. Just try and stay out of our way after you clear your MEL's every morning. When we are full at MGTOW we will still smoke your Re Ject Go-jets even if you are, as JO bragged, empty for the next 5 years.

Love or hate your ceo (i cant tell which with taco rocket or most other mesa pilots that troll these forums) just stay the hell out of my way.

mdanno808 said:
You know what? Fukc you and Fukc your creepy looking scumbag CEO. You are trivializing over 3000 good jobs in a state where good jobs aren't all that common. You are defending a CEO who has admitted that his business plan will not make money (in fact he bragged that he could post losses for years) and have proven how little you know or care about this industry as a whole. GO airlines is not competition. THEY ARE HERE TO PUT LOTS AND LOTS OF PEOPLE OUT OF WORK!

dont forget they are also here because JO got his bluff called by Yucaipa. And if he doesnt make a go! at hawaii, no other airline will ever fear mesa properly again. Remember last year many were saying JO is bluffing just like he bluffed Comair in 2001? Well think just how valuable it is for mesa to protect their image of fear by making damn sure the next airline doesnt say

"mesa is bluffing just like they did in CVG in 2001 and Hawaii in 2005"

Throwing away $25 or $30 MIL in Hawaii is easily worth protecting the MYTH of mesa being some invincible powerhouse. Lets see if Mesa sticks it out past the $50 MIL mark.

Then again I also understand mesa's stock, being so undervalued compared to rival Skywest, is a ripe bargain for some Carl Icahn type looking for a hostile takeover, and this is what MESA is afraid of. They must dump some cash and with no airlines to takeover they will blow the cash in Hawaii trying to push HAL or AQ back into BK, frighten off any more investors, then they will go for the kill. They dont care who it is, either of us will do just fine by mesa. Nice business plan built on violation, fear, intimidation, predation, and ego! The mesa pilots understand this all too well.

The mesa pilots can claim ignorance but ignorance is no excuse, ask any law officer or judge. When I was at Mesa, I stood up to JO and Ferveda and them a$$holes regarding freedom and it just about cost me my career. It is now apparent I was rather the anomalous mesa pilot. The rest of you (with somewhat rare exception) have no spines.

mdanno808 said:
You know what? Fukc you and Fukc your creepy looking scumbag CEO.

Thanks for the personal insult -- comments like this will certainly endear many more of our pilots to your cause.

And to clarify: I could care less what you think of Mesa or JO. I have made no argument here to support or negate any of his positions.

mdanno808 said:

Could it be the fact that Mesa is not competing like any other sound minded business on earth? They are almost self admittedly in Hawaii to drive one or both of the other airlines out of business by charging fairs which guarentee financial losses (predatory pricing, seat dumping).

If true this would not be the first example in the industry. Was American "fair" to Vanguard on the DFW route?

islandhopper said:
YUs scared $hitless? Hardly... While he loses $$$ on every seat on every flight for the forseeable future with all his startup and training and fuel costs all we have to do is watch our yields. quote]

I do think a lot of people are scared. Because if they weren't there would be no reason to come on this board (and others) 24/7 to badmouth Mesa and its pilots.

Instead of posting what amounts to uninformed drivel about Mesa, you could take the high road and focus on your airline's better product, brand loyalty, and local roots.

islandhopper said:
Then again I also understand mesa's stock, being so undervalued compared to rival Skywest, is a ripe bargain for some Carl Icahn type looking for a hostile takeover, and this is what MESA is afraid of.

Congratulations we agree on something! With $300M+ in the bank the stock is undervalued. But whether Mesa is taken over or does the buying remains to be seen.

Latest resources

Back