Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FIREMAN

Smoke Diver
Here is the super secret JL plan for airline domination.
He buys Midwest, after a short integration Airtran merges with Frontier. Boeing finances the merger in exchange for replacing the Airbus with 737-1000. By this time Alaska is on the ropes so JL buys them.
The whole purpose is so he can….drum roll……. Rename it all EASTERN.
The Eastern Estate
Airways November 2006 issue page 51 written by Michael Manning.
Easter Revived?
The last pieces of the puzzle were disposed of this year, with the sale of the Eastern name and logo. …..
So can we expect the revival of the Eastern name anytime soon? Yes says Bevans “ It’s definitely going to happen….. More sense to find an airline-not over a certain size-currently operating and work out a transaction to re-brand it…..”

JL hates the Airtran name and he wants to leave his mark (in a good way) on the airline world before he retires.
The new Eastern would be the launch customer for the Next Next Generation 737.

Called it 6 years ago!

I read back in 2000 that the name was available from the Bankruptcy Trustee for $600K.

When I was a newhire, I suggested that we buy it and re-brand (remember this, Fletch717)?

Further evidence that I am waaayyyy to smart to be a pah-lot . . . ;)

I read back in 2000 that the name was available from the Bankruptcy Trustee for $600K.

When I was a newhire, I suggested that we buy it and re-brand (remember this, Fletch717)?

Further evidence that I am waaayyyy to smart to be a pah-lot . . . ;)

Keep patting yourself on the back like that and you will soon become a politician...

Anyone know who currently owns the "Eastern" name?

It looks like the original mark "Eastern Air Lines" is still owned by Eastern Airlines . . . . probably by the Trustee of the Bankruptcy proceedings. It has not been "assigned" to anyone else, whcih is what would happen if someone bought it.

It looks like someone calling themselves "People'sExpress" filed an application for "Eastern Airlines" (two words) and Eastern Airlines Shuttle" but abandoned the application.

Now, a guy filed an application as "Eastern Airlines" (two words) in 2004. Here's the application, apparently filed by the CEO of a bottled-water company and who is an investor in a bahamian resort on Eleuthra. Doubt he would win if anyone fought him for it, it's an obvious attempt to "hijack" the name (pun intended).

EASTERN AIRLINES
Goods and ServicesIC 039. US 100 105. G & S: TRANSPORTATION OF PERSONS, PROPERTY, AND MAIL BY AIR; AIRLINE PASSENGER SERVICES IN THE NATURE OF A FREQUENT FLYER PROGRAM; PROVIDING INFORMATION IN THE FIELD OF TRAVEL AND TRANSPORTATION BY ELECTRONIC MEANSStandard Characters ClaimedMark Drawing Code(4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARKSerial Number78372648Filing DateFebruary 23, 2004Current Filing Basis1BOriginal Filing Basis1BOwner(APPLICANT) LAUTH, EDWARD J./EDWARD J. LAUTH III INDIVIDUAL 485 Scenery Drive State College PENNSYLVANIA 16801Attorney of RecordDavid J. Kera

Type of Mark
SERVICE MARKRegisterPRINCIPALLive/Dead IndicatorLIVE

Last edited:
The nice thing about Sundays is that you can get into the liquor cabinet early, like our friend here...

Nu

Here is the super secret JL plan for airline domination.
He buys Midwest, after a short integration Airtran merges with Frontier. Boeing finances the merger in exchange for replacing the Airbus with 737-1000. By this time Alaska is on the ropes so JL buys them.
The whole purpose is so he can….drum roll……. Rename it all EASTERN.
The Eastern Estate
Airways November 2006 issue page 51 written by Michael Manning.
Easter Revived?
The last pieces of the puzzle were disposed of this year, with the sale of the Eastern name and logo. …..
So can we expect the revival of the Eastern name anytime soon? Yes says Bevans “ It’s definitely going to happen….. More sense to find an airline-not over a certain size-currently operating and work out a transaction to re-brand it…..”

JL hates the Airtran name and he wants to leave his mark (in a good way) on the airline world before he retires.
The new Eastern would be the launch customer for the Next Next Generation 737.

I gotta raise the BS flag on this one.......The only way they will change the name is if they have a cartoon jet crash in the glades!!

Poor taste yes, but facts are facts for Forklift Joe and the management gang....

The Eastern trustee sates in the artical that the Eastern name and logo were sold to an undisclosed buyer in early 2006. He alluded that the buyer was an airline already flying.

Heard from a guy in the training department in early 2006 that Air Tran secrectly bought the Eastern Name.

Latest resources

Back