Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

makersmarc

St. Thomas Free Univ.
I've just been displaced to JFK. Until now I've been a commuter to CVG, and I'm contemplating getting a crash pad in NY. I have a great airport car in CVG, and I was wondering if it was feasible to have a car in NY with my crashpad.

According to the company's "welcome" packet, employees can only park at the employee lot for five days in a row without being subjected to towing. What I want to know is if there are any alternatives to parking at the airport. What have other commuters done besides public transportation?

If I do go to JFK without my car, where is the best place to 'live' that has the fewest hassles re: transportation?

Thanks!

According to the company's "welcome" packet, employees can only park at the employee lot for five days in a row without being subjected to towing.

That is not true. The limitation does not apply to those who hold a "Flight Crew" parking tag. I've been parking there for over two years now, for weeks at a time and nobody cares.

As someone who does the JFK crashpad thing now, I would recommend somewhere with easy access to the Airtrain. I've seem people have as long as a 20 min. walk from the Airtrain in not so good neighborhoods.

Avoid the bus...it sukcs! Airtrain is the way to go.

EVERYBODY transferring needs to pick up a parking pass, no matter if you intend to use it or not. It's cost to the company will be a bargaining chip in our favor at the next contract talks, maybe enabling us to get the comany to get us passes at our commuter homes if they're less than JFK parking!

Latest resources

Back